Bald Eagle Campground on Big Fill?

greenghost

greenghost

Anybody ever stay there?
They advertise "Tents, Trailers and Trout" and talk about the native trout fishing on Big Fill Run and another stream ... plus, "and a unique hybrid trout located only here in the Big Fill Run." I assume the wild Tiger.

Nothing fancy campground good Brookie stream

That campground is in a pretty developed area. There is a lot of traffic there, a busy road with big trucks going right along the stream etc. and lots of houses, and some posted sections on that creek.

I suggest camping up in the big north woods, like at Ole Bull State Park or Hyner Run SP or Sizerville SP or Sinnemahoning SP, etc.

Any place where you have loads of public forest lands all around with loads of streams.

troutbert wrote:
That campground is in a pretty developed area. There is a lot of traffic there, a busy road with big trucks going right along the stream etc. and lots of houses, and some posted sections on that creek.

I suggest camping up in the big north woods, like at Ole Bull State Park or Hyner Run SP or Sizerville SP or Sinnemahoning SP, etc.

Any place where you have loads of public forest lands all around with loads of streams.

Thanks, troutbert but I'm looking to stay within half hour or so of both Spring Creek and Little J. This location fit the bill... I just never heard of that place before and found it humorous they we promoting "a hybrid trout found only on Big Fill Run." Yeah... right.

BTW -- It's named Bald Eagle Campsite (not Campground)

I suggest Greene Hills Campground, right on the banks of the Little J.

http://www.susumcamps.org/index.php/greene-hills-rv

Location to hit Spring and LJR might be all right. But, if you wanted to try Big Fill, you're many years too late. It is mostly, including the best stretches, posted now. (If I told you why, it would start a nasty firestorm on here.)

Back