Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Anyone interested in float tubing around Harrisburg?

From Allentown PA
"sounds like a weird personal ad I apologize"

nothing to apologize for. I have a float tube that I bought back in the 70's with the intent to use it on a Rocky Mt high-lake pack trip. I recently "discovered" it in storage. I would like to use it around the Lehigh/Schuylkill county lakes, Leaser, Locust, Mauch Chunk, Tuscarora, etc. Anyone interested, contact me.
It's a Caddis float tube. I want to float "wet" using regular swim fins, not with the fins that came with it.
Never would dawn on me that a permit would be required for this. I see kids floating around with inner tubes all the time and that's all a float tube is, an inner tube with a cover and pockets. Only requirement should be a life vest. Well, 10 bucks is a mere bag of shells.

Posted on: 7/28 20:17

From Greensburg, PA
FYI, FRED, I'VE USED BOTH AND SWIM FINS DON'T WORK NEARLY AS WELL. THE CADDIS FINS ARE MORE EFFICIENT. THEY JUST LOOK WEIRD. AND IF YOU EVER WANDER INTO A SHALLOW AREA YOU'LL BE REALLY GLAD YOU HAVE ACTUAL SHOES ON. EW

Posted on: 7/29 12:25

From Harrisburg
Dear Frederick,

You can get Caddis brand fins for about $ 40.00 on line and even in many sporting goods stores like Dick's, or Gander, or Field and Stream and Cabelas.

They make a difference and they are made to fit over wading boots so your feet have some protection. I usually wear my regular wading shoes which are a size 13 and the Caddis fins fit under the foot. I mostly wear a pair of swim shorts in the boat, only if it it is cold water and cold air like Colorado do I bother with waders. A swim fin would need to be massive to stuff a size 13 wading shoe in it.

I've been considering maybe hitting Tuscarora Lake once the weather breaks a little. Let's see what the weather brings in the next couple weeks.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 7/29 17:54
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

From Eastern PA
Hey Tim you big old weird dude. I remember you sleeping in the back of your truck at the Jam about 5 years ago, for 48 hours straight. I was in awe.

Your request is odd. I am on board. Shoot me a message and we shall get after it my man.

Jeff

Posted on: 7/31 17:33

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
USGS Water Levels <Click Map>
Polls
What's Your Favorite Fly Fishing Grub Joint
Deb's Cross Fork Inn 50% (43)
White Haven Family Diner 5% (5)
Spruce Creek Tavern 14% (12)
Wharton Tavern, Austin 4% (4)
Union Sportsman’s Club, Millmont 4% (4)
Elk Creek Café, Millheim 20% (17)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2020/10/6 9:46
Comments?

Copyright 2020 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com