Anyone fish Potter County?

jhedge

jhedge

I'm going on a bear hunting trip this weekend but plan on hitting the water on Sunday. Is anyone fishing Potter right now? Any info on whats hatching or what flies to try? I'm still pretty new at this so any help is appreciated!

Im going to the same area, you can check with the guys at Slate Run, Wolfes General Store is an Orvis shop. They will know...

Im fishing in the area all day Saturday, likely leaving to come home on Sunday.

haha yeah it'll be a cold one!

I will also be in the area fishing on Saturday was thibking about going up to slate run never been is it worth the drive over?

I wouldn't drive past the Little Pine on my way if I was going to Slate this time of year.

Im going to the same area, you can check with the guys at Slate Run, Wolfes General Store is an Orvis shop. They will know...
LMAO !

sorry guys there are no hatches coming off and no rising fish. i am here (pine) every day. water is cold and slightly high right now. fish have hunkered down for the winter. smaller tribs might produce but last few times out they have slow to nothing. there is a few still spawning too. Streamers and buggers might produce fished slow and deep.

Quote:

LMAO !

Likely they will tell you.... "got redfins?" They don't recommend fishing in the winter because of severe weather, high water, and bad roads...

sandfly wrote:

sorry guys there are no hatches coming off and no rising fish. i am here (pine) every day. water is cold and slightly high right now. fish have hunkered down for the winter. smaller tribs might produce but last few times out they have slow to nothing. there is a few still spawning too. Streamers and buggers might produce fished slow and deep.

I don't feel so bad now. After my recent trip up there I felt as if I never caught a fish before. I caught fish, but not what I was thinking I could, or should, be able to.

Back