Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Advice for Penns Creek tomorrow

From Berks County
I guess all of us out of towners are a bunch of Neanderthals. I can tell you that I was there and parked legally and did not piss off any landowners. I hope you never travel anywhere to fish because you are going to be one of those dreaded out of towners.

P.S. I wrote something else, but my wording was changed by someone. It was changed to something that I would never say so I deleted it. It was way too nice.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:05

From Central, PA
Troy it wasn't you with the fanny pack, pink shirt and sandals on was it?

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:10

From Berks County
No that wasn't me. That guy probably was a tough guy compared to you. I'm not wasting anymore time with you Mr. Penns Creek.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:14

From Central, PA

pack away your white lace gloves until next year lol

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:16

From Parkesburg
Hook Jaw next time I am in town I will give you one of my daughters baby wipes to clean off your nose... there is something on it. That was me with the pink sandals and fanny pack... whats it to you?

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:26

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
When we fished the area by Coburn at the JAM, the landowner threatened to put up some boulders to prevent people from parking in the grass... guess he had the stones to do it.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:29

From Parkesburg
There are no instructions on parking over there... instead of yelling at everybody who parks there put either signs or boulders down... problem solved. I am always respectful to landowners but I have to say there is a degradation in manners between landowners and the public alike but it gets really old when landowners think they are divinity... is divinity a word?

I am pretty certain most folks would follow parking instructions with simple signage. Heard multiple stories over the past couple weeks of people getting reamed out by that guy... mostly nice guys who really try to be courteous. I just don't get it.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:34

From Central, PA
Nick that's the whole problem you don't get it. Anyone with any commen sense does get it. That guy is easy to get along with. Ry yeah he not only put boulders up some idiot must of decided to move one and the guy put it behind his tire was waiting around a little to see him back over it.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:40

From Ephrata, PA
Haha! I'd like to see Nick in a pink shirt and fanny pack.

Divinity is a word, Nick. The thing is, land owners are sovereign over their property.

Still, at least make the effort to clearly mark your land.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:44

From Lehigh Valley PA
Funny never hear any complaining about the money us out of townes bring in to the area for fly shops, lodging, meals, etc. But I can understand the frustration, it is too bad that common sense isn't always common. That being said, it was my first time to Coburn and I wasn't sure where you could park since the lot was full and there was zero signs. I have to admit the grass did look tempting since there is no house directly by it. I said to myself I wonder if you can park there? Question answered... if you have to ask yourself.... error on the side of NO

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:46

From Central, PA
It's a dirt parking with plenty of space why would you park on the grass? I don't even park in the lot just to not have any chance of any problems at all. I talked with alot of people fishing Im not saying all of you are causing the problems but you know the old saying 1 or 50 ruin it for everyone.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:48

From Parkesburg
I never had a problem with the guy... I am fully aware of the parking situation and think that there is a simple solution to his gripes. Boulders will do the trick.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:49

From Central, PA

No problems now the circus is pulling out of town It will be back to normal now. Im curious to how many of you walked right passed the posted sign on the walk path over the walk bridge.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 10:53

From Dauphin PA
Well, if the guy owns the land, you have no rights to fish there even if it's an epic hatch. Chalk up more strem access lost. The parking lot in the lower section was full at 5pm. When I came out there were cars all along the shoulder and there isn't a shoulder on that road. If the lot is full....go to a different section. If that's also full, go to a different stream. It's an overrated fishing experience anyhow. When the drakes are on...cars from CT, NJ, MD, VA, OH and NY. If you're driving that far to see a bunch of big maylies and combat fish, probably should find another use for your time. If you caught 20 fish 20" during the hatch, I could understand.....but you don't. Don't worry about me running away to join that circus for another 10 years. By theniI'll forget the mess and get talked into going again.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 11:12

From Central, PA
Kray that was the best post maybe ever on this forum. I agree 100% with it is for sure is overrated everything is coming off at one time. I guess from what the people say on this beacuse you have no commen sense every land owner has to mark out the boundry on where to park because god forbid if we have to walk any distance at all beacuse it's full where we want to park lol you know how retarded that sounds because were coming from 3 hours away to fishing the epic hatch we can park and do whatever we want. It's something to see but frick Id find something else to do then to drive to fish it not worth it at all fish wooven stones lol.

Posted on: 2013/6/5 11:29

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com