Advice Please

P

PaulItaliano

I am going on a family retreat to a cabin near Waterville PA Lycoming county. I have been to this cabin many times in the Spring and really enjoyed fishing Pine Creek.

I won't get much time to scout around and I need some guidance.
How will Pine creek fish in late August?
should I find a different stream, what one do you suggest?

Thank you for your advice\opinions.

Paul

pine will be too warm for trout in august.

Fish big a wooly bugger for bass.

Absolutely, fish for smallies. Pine Creek has plenty of good Warmwater opportunities. Just throw 'em a little meat - some bugger or crayfish patterns. If they come to the surface, have a popper or two in your box. Lots of fun. IMO, many times August can be a lot more fun than April. Good luck!

Sorry folks, I should have given more info.

I have been fishing warm water all summer, I was hoping to find some trout.

Thanks for all the input.

If you want to catch trout, you are going to have to fish smaller streams. You could try Slate or Cedar Runs. They are difficult streams to fish because of the low clear water. But, the stream temperatures should still be safe for trout.

TYoung wrote:
If you want to catch trout, you are going to have to fish smaller streams. You could try Slate or Cedar Runs. They are difficult streams to fish because of the low clear water. But, the stream temperatures should still be safe for trout.

Agree.
Small streams are your best bet.

Pine Creek in the vicinity where you're at will not be worth trout fishing. However, with the conditions we have had this summer, upriver in Potter County you might have better luck with temps. Little Pine may also have decent temps this summer. I'd explore with a thermometer and head to smaller water if temps are on the high side.

If it were me, I'd focus on unstocked wild trout streams, of which there are many in that area.

Back