Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

Re: disheartening at the very least (a rant)

Posted on: 2011/11/9 16:14

From Lansdale
Great, now we have mercenaries.

Posted on: 2011/11/10 15:50

From SEPA

Posted on: 2011/11/12 20:15

From harlansburg
Two words for the gas industry, %OOPS% YOU!!! How dare you compare the concerned citizens of our state with terrorists. They can shove their precious gas right up their %OOPS%.

Posted on: 2011/11/12 22:00

Edited by Maurice on 2011/11/13 9:31:53
Edited by Maurice on 2011/11/13 9:34:46

From Lehigh Valley
Lmao..mercenaries...
Yea right bring it on the first monday after thanksgivinig the Pennsylvania woods has largest single armed army on the ground..go ahead mess our wood up ...
I bought my place in Clearfield county for several reasons..one my fiance's family settled there an still live there,two i fell in love with the place..yea yea i know the coal has really fugged it up,but at least these days they make the coal companies do the rehab work top notch.I mean like i said it before..Corbett should be thrown out of office by his colar an kicked in the butt till it bleeds,First it was the total or near total clearcutting of the virgin grown forests,then they found coal,now its the Fracking...and that is even worse for the enviroment as well as the water.
Pennsylvanians don't ever learn till it hapopens in their yard..by that time its too late.
LMAO that farce about jobs jobs jobs..yea sure if you like bein a waitress fro minimum wage an tips in towns where the well workers/drillers are staying.or making beds at the motels ect.
Most of these firms percentage of pennsylvanian workers are sickingly low.most of the well companies an gas companies are from outside this state an have imported workers/employees from out of state not to mention the friggin wet backs that are all illegal.
Then again friggin Halliburton is one of the big drillers here as well, that damn Cheney should have recused himself or been thrwon out of office.Taking billions from the Amercian People then takin more as vice president.let alone the fact he don't know gun safety...Come to Clearfield county signs all over from Susquehanna NWTF " Identify your Target before you shoot".
Sorery this fracking makes me want to pick up arms an fight

Posted on: 2011/11/16 13:43

From Dallastown, PA
A few weeks ago I had an opportunity to go north to Tioga County on a job to plant/stabilize a project on the grounds of the old Antrom Coal Mine site. A small crew of us planted 2.9 acres on a AMD passive treatment ponds remediation site on the one side of the landfill that had been reclaimed from the strip mine. The project paid for by the Babb Creek Watershed Assn is one of many constructed by this group. Babb Creek is in much better shape today compared to 30 years ago because of them.

Anyway, on the way back through the landfill you pass a giant (10 acre??) rubber lined pool being constructed on top of the mountain. The intended use is to store the residual drilling waste from MS drilling. Its mind boggling how large this storage area is. Big D-9 dozers look like tonka toys in it.

Upon leaving the Landfill we were contracted to also plant a berm surrounding the offices to screen them from an adjacent MS well site being constructed. In between was a parking lot with over 200 shortie roll off containers from nearby MS wells.

The well pad construction site below was taken from the container area. Note that the containers are not from this site and I didn't get pics of the containers or the storage area they will be dumped into. All that covers the containers is a lashed down black runner tarp.

We stayed at the Manor Hotel on Slate Run...Great food BTW and not a single MS guy there the night we were there. but traveling down 44 to Jersey Shore it was a constant flow of triaxle dumps heading north. Again mind boggling the activity up there.

Attach file:

jpg  MS well site.jpg (234.72 KB)
27_4ec40ad242332.jpg 806X605 px

Posted on: 2011/11/16 14:11

From Lehigh Valley
Maurice,
whats really sad is that in Clearfield county there was a waste coal to energy plant that was supposed to go in, they bought the land got all kinds of money an incentives from the goverment, what this would have done is helped the enviroment all over Pa where waste spoil coal piles are, they dig this up,then burn it what they dug up gets replaced ,limed then some more limestone aggregate,followed by subsoil then top soil seed, after grass grows then it egts seediings usually locust because locust brings the level of nitrogen up really fast although locust trees dont have a real long life,and they also plant pines an some other conifers,as well as a few decidous trees too.
It also would help out the water as where this has happened an been performed the water that seeps through is clean,then the streams get better then things happen, invertabrates start a comeback,frogs an fish can live there as well as other wildlife too.
When all of a sudden the econmy crashed they abandoned this project after all that money was spent ..for what .A damn ethanol plant in Clearfield that less than a year after it opened it went bankrupt,an they got a bunch of money from the feds and pa for that too.shopuld have stuck to the waste coal to energy plan.would be up an running an the seeps would be going away one seep at a time.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace
BTW if you ever could see the clearfield creek you would swear it was in a valley out west ,conifers an birch poplars an aspen,grassy glades,beautiful pocket water sections..then riffle pool run ect ..too bad its as orange as orange kool aid.

Posted on: 2011/11/16 16:53

From Clearfield

Posted on: 2011/11/16 21:00

From Clearfield
They are trying to sell the ethanol plant and are retaining the employees until they do.

Posted on: 2011/11/16 21:02

From Lehigh Valley
Coty,
Be far better served by gettin back to the grinding wheel with that waste coal to energy plant up there,That ethanol plant is gonna sit for along time,you know it i know it an it really sucks about the waste of money that could have been better used.

Posted on: 2011/11/17 18:14

From harlansburg
it's all political and the outcome will always be based on who's palm gets "greased" the most.

Posted on: 2011/11/18 6:59

From Patterson twp, Pa (Beaver Falls)
I live in Beaver County. In the last few months the bonus payments have about doubled for property owners, and within the last few weeks we have our first well producing gas.

I understand many of the environmental issues here and see how it's destroying my hobby, but if you have 100 acres and someone offers you 3k an acre and it produces $300/mo per acre are you going to pass that up?

It's only going to get worse in my area, and we as concerned citizens and outdoorsmen need to do our best to continue to let our voices be heard and do our best to meld a healthy environment and economic growth. It seems impossible to do, and it may be, but we need to continue to work hard at letting the MS companies know that they can have the gas, but please be careful in doing so.

Posted on: 2011/11/22 15:20

From harlansburg
I've got no problem with private landowners leasing to gas companies and with people signing leases for their mineral rights, the gas companies ARE going to get the gas, might as well get their money if it's offered to you. my beef lies with drilling on state land and the scale of the drilling that will be taking place. as of now, somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the state forests are leased, and corbett wants to open up 100% for leasing. kiss our forests goodbye. it's true that with MS wells they are further apart than shallow wells, but the scale of ms operations is huge. our forests will become industial sites with small sections of woods in between. people say we'll never notice the drilling, that it's no big deal. BS! it's hard to drive in a state forest in the northern part of this state and not notice. this goes against the state constitution, which preserves the public estate(state forest land) for natural, scenic, historic and ESTHETIC values. our forests are the common property of all people and are supposed to be set aside and conserved so future generations may enjoy them as well. turning them into money producing industrial areas is NOT written in the constitution. if the state doesn't own the mineral rights, too f-ing bad. sorry about your luck if you own the rights under a state forest or park.
a line must be drawn, when it's all said and done, and the jobs are gone, and the gas is gone, and the money is spent, where will we be? what will our beloved forests look like? all people see is money money money, especially our wonderful politcians who see fit to do with our land as they wish.
nobody seems to care about the sustainability of it all, it's all about the fast buck and screw the next guy or anyone downstream. even mentioning tighter regulations to limit environmental damage has you labeled a commie bastard that doesn't care about his country or jobs or energy security. yeah, I'm a commie bastard because I care about the land I live in and not how much money I can make off it.
like I said above, I'm not against private landowners leasing for gas, hell, I'd probably do the same. I'm against OUR forests being sacrificed for greed.

Posted on: 2011/11/22 16:06

From Lansdale
VERY well said, Bikerfish.

Posted on: 2011/11/23 10:23

From The Beaver
Quote:

KeithS wrote:
VERY well said, Bikerfish.

I agree.

Posted on: 2011/11/23 10:48

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com