Yough Sweep

flyfishermanj

flyfishermanj

There will be a Yough River Sweep on Friday, August 1st @ 5PM. The sweep will clean up tires from river starting at Cedar Creek Park down to West Newton. Canoes will be provided by Youghiogheny Canoe Outfitters, you can use the link to reserve a spot. Hope to see you there.

JH

Guys,

Just got off the phone with the Yough Outfitters, no need to call to reserve a spot, just show up at the their place at 5:00 on 8/1. They will provide the canoes and transportation to Cedar Creek.

JH

ffj- nice meeting you on Friday.

It feels good to help out and the canoes made it fun. Thought maybe I would put 3-4 tires in the canoe but had to stop picking them up because we all were getting overloaded. I was surprised how many there were and that was only in a couple of miles stretch. Was actually glad to get some more weight in the canoe as my bulk had the front of my canoe elevated out of the water.

Paul

Paul,

Yeah it was a good time, and I'm glad to have met up with ya! Really was surprised how many tires there were and how many we actually got into a canoe. They are talking of doing it again in the upcoming weeks, I'll post if I hear anything.

JH

Back