Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Who to notify?

From North Catty
Today I went exploring in some area streams. These streams are in a heavily developed area and get a good amount of street run off, but I thought since it was 1 block away I would go have a look.

The stream I have the question about is small. 3ft wide at the widest and no more than a few inches deep throughout the large majority of exposed stream. I say exposed because this stream mainly runs under ground.

What I found was 2 deep holes that had trout!!!! there was about half a dozen in the deepest hole and only 2 in the second hole.

The trout looked to be brown trout and I can't figure out how they got there. This stream is a tributary to Darby Crk. which is stocked in the spring, but I can't see how the trout would have made their way upstream given the lay-out and depth of this stream as it approaches the Darby.

all the trout were about 5-9" long and looked healthy, I didn't attempt to catch them as it was a tight spot and I didn't want to harm the fish.

How do I go about determining if these trout are wild and whom do I contact about this find?

Thanks a lot

Bob

Posted on: 2007/10/28 10:25

Re: Who to notify?

From Bozeman
Call your local conservation officer and see if this is known. I've found this to be a great source about lesser known streams. In order to determine if they are wild, you might also consider taking one for the team and undertaking the ph-so-horrible task of "seeing for yourself". It's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it. I'd imagine a size 16 pheasant tail would be a good tool to use. If you're gonna lose sleep over it, just wait until after the spawn, so as not to disturb them badly.

Good find!

Posted on: 2007/10/28 22:01

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com