Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: WIND

From cool, dark, damp crevices
Tom, you sound like one of those #OOPS#bag guys. Do you have anything pertinent to add to the conversation other than uninformed opinionated crap?

Seeing how you had to be schooled on the oil spill, why don't you do yourself, and PAFF, a favor and actually use the resource you engage and inform yourself before you post here; it's called the internet and it's chock full of resources. And insinuating...well...having observed your ineptness, why would you be capable of understanding basic communications and be able to return basic communication.

Did I once say anything about NOT using wind for energy? Nope. If you don't know about infrasonic noise, here's a thought, look it up. *gasp* If you still don't understand the implications, why not ask a question instead of yammering on about nothing.

No wonder PAFF has the reputation it does. The assholishness abounds.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 9:38

Re: WIND

From Portage, PA
I live in the town of Portage and there are acutually windmills within close range of where i hunt. They are land intensive but with all of the Acid Mine Drainage and problems like thatin the area it is nice to see something green happening. The animals dont really mind them and i see a lot of deer around the grass and open areas that are created for the mills.

In highschool i was a water quality tester trying to find ways of cleaning up this A.M.D. Some of the water we tested had a PH of 2 coming out of boreholes or under slag coal piles.

Some theories we had were to connect the bore holes together and have one discharge and install a wetland to filter out some of the minerals and balance the ph. There is a cement facility near my town that we were going to try to put limestone in the stream to raise the ph.

We were trying to get a grant when i graduated and haven't heard any new news.

It kills me to see TROUT RUN in portage completly orange when the ph is low and iron oxide is present or completly white like when the ph is up and the aluminum precipitates.

Sorry i got off topic but Between TROUT RUN and the LITTLE CONEMAUGH RIVER these both could be excellent trout streams and be benificial to the area.

Posted on: 2010/5/21 14:42

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com