Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Upper LJR work

If you go to the LJRA website, you can read that the workdays on the upper river seemed to go well. Mark Nale wrote about the project in the CDT last weekend.
(No, guiltily, I was not there: I got a cortisone shot in my right shoulder on Monday and was told to take it easy. I didn't even fish till Thursday.)
But, it sounds like they had just about enough help and that the work should slow down erosion in that area. Kudos to the LJRA and its president, Bill Andeson.

Posted on: 2012/8/9 17:45

Re: Upper LJR work

From State College PA
I know the middle of the week is a tough time for younger people. But the details are that the work was completed, but there were people in the 55-65 yo group doing things people that age shouldn't be doing to get it done. You can never have enough volunteers, especially younger ones. It's sort of reinforced by the demographics and realities of life. Older people (who might be retired) have more time to do these things make up a large portion of the labor, but they are not as physically adept at it. This problem applies to almost any volunteer activity. I'm sure others can tell similar stories at the events they participated in.

So if you are younger and can make it to an event- river clean up, working at a concession booth at a sporting event (long hours on your feet), Lions club event etc. please consider doing so.

Low water clean up coming soon, in September I believe.

Posted on: 2012/8/10 9:09

Edited by nymphingmaniac on 2012/8/10 9:34:44
Edited by nymphingmaniac on 2012/8/10 9:35:24

Re: Upper LJR work

From LV
Older people don't have more time, they just make the time. I'm not criticizing anyone. IT's just that as you age priorities gradually change from raising kids or having them to other things. I'n 63 and I haven't yet met any younger folks that can get as much done in a day as I can. I will say though in the last couple of years I've slowed down, I've got nothing more to prove.
During my tenure as a TU officer at our local chapter we had a guy that was at every stream project for about 12 years, last time he was out planting trees he was 86.

Posted on: 2012/8/13 18:25

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (27)
Who cares? It beats work. 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com