Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tire Dump On Native Stream

From Pgh
"Some people have a deep abiding respect for the natural beauty that was once this country. Others don't."

"People start pollution. People can stop it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epCKjaStFu0

Posted on: 2012/8/2 9:43

Quote:

wildtrout2 wrote:
Huck, I guess that was the same engine then, my mistake. Either way, many thanks to you and your buds for getting it out of there! That's such a beautiful, fairly wild (WB) area that used to have great fishing. Another example of how stocking over wild trout puts an end to a great fishery.

Yes, I fish the WB about once every other week, and it has been hurting from the stocking. I caught a holdover brookie in april where painter comes into the WB, then caught him again in the same hole 3 weeks ago Pointless story I know, but a cool one !

Posted on: 2012/8/2 12:43

From Bucks County
I have a good friend that's a NY DEC ranger, and while finding garbage dumped on state land is crappy, his favorite part is showing up at the persons house with a receipt found in the trash with their address on it. He's busting rate due to this is close to 99%.

The worst was a dead horse dumped off an overlook.

Posted on: 2012/8/2 20:22

From Harrisburg
Dear Smike,

I get the PA Angler magazine and there is usally a note from a WCO two or three times a year that details a littering arrest based on mail found in the trash that was dumped.

When I lived in upstate NY the "locals" often complained about how the people from NYC drove up to the Catskills to dump old appliances, tires, and other types of household trash.

I used to just laugh when they said that because people that are too lazy to dispose of something properly are too lazy to load it up and truck it 3 hours to dump it.

999,999 times out of 1,000,000 the trash that is dumped in State Forests originates within 10miles of the dumping site. The same people who dump trash are the same people who move yard garbage closer to a stream as it approaches flood stage in hopes that it can become someone else's problem.

They're just lazy slobs.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Posted on: 2012/8/3 7:13
"Then the coal company came with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug for their coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man."

Response this AM regarding aforementioned situation:

Thank you for the information. Our crew is working on getting the tires cleaned up. It is a shame that people would actually do such a thing. Our Rangers will also conduct an investigation to see if they can figure out who the culprit was. I do not recall having a problem in that particular spot before.

Thanks again,

Rich Glinski | District Forester

Posted on: 2012/8/3 9:48

From Gettysburg
Huck,
Two thumbs up.... and kudos to you.

Posted on: 2012/8/3 10:03

From Gamehendge
Did you at least remove the tires form the stream? I would have.

Posted on: 2012/8/4 14:00

From Harrisburg
???
He let the authorities know for future dumping and the tires are getting cleaned up.
He did the exact right thing.

Posted on: 2012/8/5 6:26

Also, thought it was best to let them go as they were not directly in stream, as well as let the rangers do their investigation with undisturbed evidence

Posted on: 2012/8/5 10:00

From West Chester, PA
Though I do not frequent this site as much anymore, I still would like to urge anyone that runs into this kind of thing on land other than state forest to PM. This is the type of thing that I am able to and enjoy investigating. Good post, thanks for sharing

Posted on: 2012/8/5 15:47

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com