Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Sucking it Dry

From Nicholson PA
Well third location of water sucking being attempted on the tunkhannock creek,This one located in nicholson(wyoming county)PA.How many gallons of water can they pump under ground never to be seen again,Well i can tell you from seeing it first hand that its hard to even believe.I wish someone important that wasnt stuffing his pockets would a least take a look.Or even better buy water off of land owners with ponds on there property.God forbib that they would have to pay john Q public. Please superman help our water ways.

Posted on: 2011/2/19 10:16

Re: Sucking it Dry

Can you provide more details of what you saw?

Posted on: 2011/2/19 11:37

From Johnstown, PA
DEWATERING is going to be the biggest problem we have faced so far. With summer coming and levels dropping , KEEP YOUR EYES n EARS OPEN and.....................MAKE THE PHONE CALL!!!!! or the MF'Rs WILL suck it dry , they don't care and they didn't figure on a drought so it's up to US. REPORT THEM!...........REPORT THEM!!........REPORT THEM!!!

Posted on: 2011/2/20 7:07

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Agree with Troutbert.

If you suspect something damaging is going on, get details, and give them out! Otherwise its just a meaningless rant.

How many trucks? How long were they there? What stream, and what part of the stream did it come from? What was the flow rate at the time? How much did the flow drop?

Most of the permits state how much water the company is allowed to take, and what the flows have to be in order for them to do it. If they're violating that (and I'm sure they do), then give details so it can be investigated and stopped. If they're not violating it, but the results are damaging nonetheless, we can document that and push for tighter restrictions. If everything is proper, and the stream not damaged, then your just ranting and there's no substance to it.

Posted on: 2011/2/21 9:27

From Nicholson PA
Im going to get better info for those interested,I kind of hard to judge truck traffic during the winter but i will to get some real numbers some how,I will also get more detailed locationsThis would be a great place for a water management station.

Posted on: 2011/2/21 9:56

From Nicholson PA
I need to find how much water each location is permited to remove,Can anyone tell me were to look,The third location is not running yet it is only in the permit stage,The boro of nicholson is kind of fighting it due to truck traffic.This really sucks i know the person trying to open the station and have a good friend that had to get his tanker liecense so he can feed his kids.these people are just trying to make a living but at what cost.

Posted on: 2011/2/21 11:44

From SE PA
Quote:

melvinp wrote:
I need to find how much water each location is permited to remove,Can anyone tell me were to look,The third location is not running yet it is only in the permit stage,The boro of nicholson is kind of fighting it due to truck traffic.This really sucks i know the person trying to open the station and have a good friend that had to get his tanker liecense so he can feed his kids.these people are just trying to make a living but at what cost.

http://www.srbc.net/downloads/ApprovedSourceList.pdf

Posted on: 2011/2/21 18:58

From Johnstown, PA
I was under the impression that all ATW is off limits , but if they can sneak they will , if a driver is told to do something not "kosher" they will do it 'cause it's their job and they have mouths to feed , can't lay the blame on them , it's the guy who gave the order we want. Put his azz in JAIL.

Posted on: 2011/2/22 4:39

From Nicholson PA
Wyoming County Examiner,Nicholson residents vent.Land onwer wants to install a 510,000 gallon a day water withdrawal site,This is # 2 on the north branch branch of the tunkhannock creek and a thrid at the the combining of the north and south branchs.,The thrid is the biggest from what you can see from the road.510.000 is about is about 10% of the water that flows by the property.THIS IS X3 or more.I have fished this area my hole life and have seen water levls be pretty low at times and what about freash water to the bay.I can see 1,530,000 gallons of water a day disapearing for ever.

Posted on: 2011/2/25 10:44

From Nicholson PA
Back in the paper,#4 water removal site and removal of water level gauge on the tunkhannock creek,Your not doing anything wrong if it cant be proven.

Posted on: 2011/3/4 10:49

From Johnstown, PA
THIS hits close to home. A few years back i was offered a proposal by a local Dairy to take water from a spring on my property to bottle it into spring water the PFBC denied me. It is on ATW and i was told ATW's are off limits for this kind of thing now i hear this. It's not ok for me to take drinking water , but it's ok for the drillers to poison it?

Posted on: 2011/3/5 7:31

From Nicholson PA
Just pay your taxs and die.

Posted on: 2011/3/5 8:03

From harlansburg
you got it osprey! same thing about camping in state forest land. not allowed to put your tent within so many feet of a stream, road, stump, rock, etc. have to have permit to stay more than one nite. which is all fine and good, I have no problem with that. but then they will issue a permit to a drilling company and the area you wanted to pitch a tent in for a nite will be completely destroyed to put in a well pad. yep, glad I took the time to keep away from the stream, reduce my impact, take out any litter, and basically leave no trace. I left the area in great condition to be bulldozed!!LOL!
just sayin...

Posted on: 2011/3/5 8:29

From Johnstown, PA
They have to be reminded that it's our land too , this new Gov thinks he owns the place.

Posted on: 2011/3/5 11:00

From harlansburg
he could probably buy it all with all the money he's making off the gas companies.

Posted on: 2011/3/5 17:45

(1) 2 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com