Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: State adopts plan to eliminate stocking over wild fish.

From Lewistown
Outstanding theory acristickid!

Everything revoloves areound the dollar; not the public's well-being.

Posted on: 2008/6/4 10:13

From lancaster county
Artistickid has a good point. See this is directly related to what I have been saying. Someday the hatchery system (at its current usage and volumes) will fail. It is just becoming to expensive to keep regulating PA's waters that we chalk full of stocked trout like this. The PFBC is slowly excepting that fact and facing the cold hard reality that PA has plenty of wild trout waters that are easier to maintain and cheaper to create a sport fishery.
I do believe that the new agenda does have alot to do with the current PFBC board members that are wild trout nuts. This is going to be good for PA's wild trout resource and PA's angling oppurtunities.
What the PFBC needs to do to stop a Donny Beaver situation on a stream like Yellow Creek (as Jack eluded to) is to go to PA's supreme court and make it LAW not to stock over class A-B populations of wild trout. If they can do that, Donny Beaver would lose interest in such streams.

Reguardless, Pad is right, first they need to determine WHAT a wild trout sport fishery is. Once that line is drawn then they can move forward, we can debate, some people can complain and others can start to praise.

Ill probably be on giving praise if they stick to thier guns.

Posted on: 2008/6/4 15:39

From lancaster county
Oh yes just remembered. Please send your regional PFBC office an email or letter in support of this agenda. I have a feeling they are going to need some positive feedback to keep moving in the right direction

Posted on: 2008/6/4 15:58

From Altoona, PA
I'm sort of hoping they concentrate stocking into a few good streams in each region. The streams would be packed of course, but if the stream is stocked to the gills folks who had no clue could limit out. (Dropping the limit would be a good idea too) Streams that stayed cool well into the Summer, were close to major population centers and have good access would be great candidates. Clarks Creek is a good example. If that creek is packed with stockies than other streams can "go wild" as their allocations go there. Not that there are a lot of wild trout streams in Dauphin County... but you get the idea.

Posted on: 2008/6/4 17:43

I agree.

I hope they stock the crap out of Bull, Pine, Montour, Buffalo, Chartiers, in Allgheny Co. to keep'em happy. Maybe they could create a stocking stamp. Gotta pay to play.

Guess the good old days were good. Ok, deer hunting around there too. "There's no deer in the big woods". The way I see it is that in the 1930's to 1960's the forests were booming from all the regrowth from the logging that occured in the decades prior. Is not the habitat the reason?

Posted on: 2008/6/4 17:59

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com