Public Comments / Pebble Mine

Bruno

Bruno

Public comment is being taken until tomorrow, October 17th.

http://action.savebristolbay.org/page/speakout/PebbleEPAcommentsC?js=false

Yes, very easy. I can hardly believe this horrid disaster has reared its ugly head again.

But, I should not be so naive. The Department of "Environmental Protection" has just rubber stamped a CAFO hog farm in an area of headwater streams in Blair County that certainly has the likelihood of impacting the Juniata River watershed.

Anyhow, I hope the Pebble Disaster can be stopped somehow.

Yes, very easy to submit comments. Thanks for posting the link.

Sent. When does the damn greed stop??????

When they have all the Money. Or until someone gets mad kicks the board over. Just like Monopoly.

When the Feudal System is back. I'm glad I'm as old as I am . GG

I punched the button. GG

Y'know, GG, I don't much like being old. But, I'm glad I was young when I was for the outdoors experiences. The sixties might've been turbulent, but things in the outdoors were good and actually improved for a number of years at that time.

Anyhow, I hope that the Pebble can be stopped.

tomgamber wrote:
When they have all the Money. Or until someone gets mad kicks the board over. Just like Monopoly.
. That's funny right there.....(.I resemble that remark)

Well crap. :-(

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Tomi. I'll write to the right people again.

Yeah, not surprising given the current Administration's policies. No political comments allowed, so I'll leave it at that.

All we can do is keep the pressure on our legislators and try to stem the tide of assaults on conservation efforts.

Now, instead of fighting to fix things in our environment, we are back to fighting against messing more things up! :-(

https://www.cnn.com/2018/01/27/politics/epa-alaska-salmon-fishery/index.html

Finally some good news!!

Was browsing cnn and saw that article, good news indeed! The article mentioned they are still taking public comments, thought that closed in January?

One just needs to watch "Gold Rush" to see the damages done over the past century in the Yukon Territory. One sees little environmental abatement, protections or standards used during these operations only the greed to get more gold than the last year.

I could hardly believe that what I was seeing on Gold Rush was modern-day! The narrative of government regulators run amok is at least not true in Alaska!

Haven't seen the show but I imagine regulations in the middle of nowhere Alaska are tough to patrol. Glad Bristol Bay is secure for the near future.....

Back