Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Post your favorite conservation quotes

From Upper Saucon, PA
I have no favorites because most of them tend to be nothing other than talking heads twisting facts and reality to fit their desires and needs.

What spoils streams are those too lazy to pick up after themselves. Those who cross a no trespassing sign without asking the property owner, messing it up for those who were given permission to cross and fish. Those who feel they need to stomp down a major path wrecking every bit of mother nature along the way. And property owners who feel they need to have mowed lawn right up to the water line.

Posted on: 2009/12/25 22:28

From Pgh
Yes, I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please. But I'm also in charge of the brown Bar-ba-loots, who played in the shade in their Bar-ba-loot suits and happily lived eating truffula fruits. Now, thanks to your hacking my trees to the ground, there's not enough truffula fruit to go 'round!

I am the Lorax, and I'll yell and I'll shout for the fine things on earth that are on their way out!

-- Dr. Suess, The Lorax

Posted on: 2009/12/31 12:07

From Greensburg, PA
good one

Posted on: 2010/1/3 10:59

From Monessen, PA
"Even though a spilled beer will return to the watershed and cause little harm, it still seems like such a waste."

-- Jack M.

Posted on: 2010/1/4 11:57

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
"closed for the season, reason freezin".

Posted on: 2010/1/17 21:03

From Dallastown, PA
Quote:

yea-who wrote:
"closed for the season, reason freezin".

We are following each other around Yea-who. Thats another favorite of mine...from a trailer sign at a farmers market on Route 20 in Erie....IIRC between Fairview and Girard.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 9:32

From Wilkes-Barre / Scranton Area
I've seen it in two places. Both in The wyoming Valley. On a church outdoor bathroom signed at the bottom by the priest and the other on the sewer auth. building atop the Butler Mine tunnel.

Posted on: 2010/1/18 19:54

the fish you release is your gift to another angler, and the fish you caught might have been the gift of another angler to you-Lee Wullf

Posted on: 2010/2/14 15:57

From lancaster county
Steelerfan,

I was checking out your forum for your TU. Very nice pics and a great idea! Have any other TUs considered making forums for their chapter?

What a great way to keep in touch and discuss ideas and projects. It is like a 24/7 meeting. Nice work!

I enjoyed the stocking pics btw! Good to see so many kids get involved.

Posted on: 2010/2/14 16:02

Thanks for checking out the site. The pics were of my daughters girl scout troop. I was hoping that the forum would have taken off better, but it hasn't. The reason it is still up is due to the fact that it is free. The website is the first one I have ever built. I don't think that a lot of my members spend a lot of time online and on forums. Most are older guys.

Posted on: 2010/2/14 17:09

From lancaster county
Thats a shame and im sorry to hear that. I think its a great idea and could be a very valuable tool.

Maybe a State Level TU Forum would be more appropriate? Be a great way to get help and discuss projects.

Anyone here from the arrowhead chapter? Maybe you should join the forum?

Posted on: 2010/2/14 17:15

It's really open to anybody who wants to join it. The only people I won't allow on it would be crazy anti fishing PETA types. The people who wanted Punxy Phil replaced by a robot.

Posted on: 2010/2/14 17:59

From Bozeman
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."

-"The Road"

Posted on: 2010/3/26 10:57

From Pgh
Quote:

jayL wrote:
"Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery."

-"The Road"

Killer words. McCarthy is amazing. Poetry disguised as prose.
Thanks J.

Posted on: 2010/3/30 14:24

From Pittsburgh
P-eople
E-ating
T-asty
A-nimals

Posted on: 2010/4/30 18:09

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com