Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Piping through amish land

From Ephrata, PA
I actually support exporting gas and oil. It makes a lot of sense, actually. Particularly as we deal with countries like Russia. They're a liquid gas based economy. We don't want to get into a military bat with them, so I think it makes good sense that we export natural gas and hurt their wallets. They can pretty much can hold Eastern Europe hostage by turning off the flow of gas. We're taking that power away from them, and we're doing it w/out bombs.

Posted on: 4/7 22:34

I also support the idea of supplying gas to countries like Poland - for example, the red army felt so good about liberating Poland in ww2 that they stayed to celebrate for almost 45 years. US LNG cant immediately change this, but it can part of the progress away from Putin being able to hold EU members and American allies hostage:

http://www.economist.com/blogs/easter ... 2014/04/poland-and-russia

Posted on: 4/8 5:42

From Ephrata, PA
Word....

I promise, a nuke is far worse for the environmen than ANY fracking accident! Do what we can to take power away from goons like Putin, and do it w/out the bombs.

Posted on: 4/8 8:20

From lancaster county
Link

I too support using the natural gas in such ways but I CANNOT support the pipelines proposed route. It's ridiculous. Move it a little east and pay the extra bucks to do it already.

Posted on: 4/8 9:05

From lancaster county
From 1986 to 2007. 52 million dollars in property damage. The pipelines need to stay out of the preserves.

Link

Posted on: 4/8 9:15

From Ephrata, PA
I agree Sal, it should not run through a nature preserve. What's the point of a preserve?

You working today? I get off at 3pm. Fishing?

Posted on: 4/8 9:32

From lancaster county
Long story but not today. I'm available after2 wed and Thursday. If it's nice might hit some smallies. Got a Phillipson 8.5 7wt coming just for that too :)

Posted on: 4/8 10:00

From Ephrata, PA
I couldn't do either one. Bummer. Friday I could do it (off at 3), and this weekend of course. Oh well. We'll get it soon. I want to hit the smallies too.

Posted on: 4/8 10:24

From Lancaster County

Posted on: 4/8 22:33

Salmonid, You minimized the value of your contribution by calling your link General Information. Within the article is the first very specific info that speaks to potential terrestrial impacts. Obviously, stream crossings were going to occur. How could they not? But this article is the first I have seen that specifies that while the pipelines will follow power line rights-of-way, they will not be within the rights-of-way, but will instead involve the expansion of the rights-of-way footprints by 50 ft, and by up to 125 ft during construction.

Posted on: 4/9 8:46

Edited by Mike on 2014/4/9 9:06:55
Edited by Mike on 2014/4/9 9:09:06

From Lancaster County
Latest Lancaster newspaper article. The possibility of routing around some sensitive natural areas is apparently on the table.

Initial FERC filings, including some more detailed maps.

In addition to my concern about the natural areas, my stake in the game just went up. The proposed pipeline right of way butts up directly against the front of my property; it looks like my house might be included in the right-of-way. The nearest power line is over a quarter of a mile away and the proposed pipeline does not parallel the power line until after passing behind Safe Harbor Village, where it also would cut a wide swath through a nice wooded area surrounding the village, which area I believe the Conservancy also now owns.

Posted on: 5/3 22:07

Edited by salmonoid on 2014/5/3 22:27:34

From Pennsylvania
Enough is enough. If they can find a route through some barren cornfield wastelands that's fine. Otherwise I am totally against this thing. We have precious few natural areas in Lancaster County and it would be a real shame to mess with any of the areas on this route.

Posted on: 5/5 7:03

From Ephrata, PA
Latest I heard is that alternative routes are now being discussed that would avoid the Tuquan Glen preserve.

Posted on: 5/5 10:58

From Lancaster County
Quote:

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Latest I heard is that alternative routes are now being discussed that would avoid the Tuquan Glen preserve.

This alternative route is discussed in the Alternatives document in the FERC filing. The part that goes through my house is a bit of an anomaly, in that one of the guiding principles in locating the pipeline was to follow existing right-of-ways wherever possible. They do this for some stretch, paralleling the power line, but for some reason, they deviate from the power line right-of-way for about a four mile stretch.

I thought there might be something in the Clean and Green law that might make farm enrollees think twice about opening up their land to pipeline development, but not surprisingly, there were some amendments and clarifications to the law made in 2010/2011 that exempt pipeline activity from nullifying Clean and Green status and/or only make the acreage of the affected land ineligible for tax relief, instead of the entire land parcel.

The proposed route would also parallel the eastern upslope regions of Donegal Creek. Not that there isn't already tons of agricultural siltation going on there, but time to get that stream surveyed the second time and upgraded to Class A

Posted on: 5/5 14:59

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com