Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Our Governor.....Incredible!!!!!

From wellsboro
Pcray there are both legacy shallow wells around coudersport and recent ones. There was a great deal of shallow wells drilled around wharton prior to the Marcellus boom. All of the shallow drilling was not well west of there by any means.

Comparing shallow drilling to Marcellus and calling it the same process is like comparing having a catch to pitching to the yankees, same process, but very different game.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 18:57

From Eastern PA
We should tax at a rate equivalent to all other states. Why? Because we can. To not do so is stupid.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 20:33

From Chadds Ford, PA
Daddy,

New found respect for you. After reading all of the bluster in this thread (most by Pcray), you nailed it in one simple sentence. If I have time, I'll respond with more tomorrow. (Not that anyone cares, LOL). By the way, would love to know how some of these guys find time to spend all day posting here.

Posted on: 2011/3/9 20:50

From Pittsburgh
I know this is a conservation forum, but why is nobody discussing what he is talking about cutting here? If all of you were asked to take a one year freeze would you be willing to accept it? Not to mention, they are also cutting your health benefits, retirement, increasing you responsibilities, and holding you to unrealistic performance standards. No child left behind, but lets keep screwing over the people that are to help them along the way. Start comparing what other jobs pay to people with masters degrees. Why should education bear the brunt of these tax cuts, while gas companies are not held to the same taxes that so many of the other states require? Many teaching starting salaries are less than $40,000 a year, some are closer to $30,000, but don't tax people who are making millions. How is this country expected to compete with the testing scores of other countries when we do not take education seriously?

Posted on: 2011/3/9 23:51

From Johnstown, PA
How come no one asks where HIS cut is? if EVERYONE has to pony up like HE says where's HIS?

Posted on: 2011/3/10 6:33

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

trew13 wrote:
I know this is a conservation forum, but why is nobody discussing what he is talking about cutting here?

You answered your own question. A political discussion in the terms you suggest would belong in OT Jam Forum. This one is about Marcellus drilling and is appropriate here. If you'd like to discuss the entire budget priority mix, I am sure you'll get plenty of action in an OT thread.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 6:59

From Pittsburgh
I guess I kind of knew that. It just looks like he is targeting education in a large way while giving breaks to the gas companies and crying there is no money. It seems like education and educators get dumped on a lot. Just get a little fired up when it hits close to home. Sorry for the rant.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 7:59

From Pittsburgh
Osprey I agree. On a drilling note...A tax comparable to other states could provide the funding to employ enough people to properly monitor and regulate the drilling. Take a look at englishprof's other thred (This just in...). It appears to me that they are rushing to get in the drilling without having everything in line. What's the saying-haste makes waste.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 8:17

From SEPA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
We should tax at a rate equivalent to all other states. Why? Because we can. To not do so is stupid.

But they they'll go elsewhere to drill for gas and they'll just get it out of some oth...Oh. Wait.

We should tax MORE than other states, so when they run dry and the price of the precious commodity goes higher, PA wins by being last man standing.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 9:12

From Eastern PA
Quote:

trew13 wrote:
I know this is a conservation forum, but why is nobody discussing what he is talking about cutting here? If all of you were asked to take a one year freeze would you be willing to accept it? Not to mention, they are also cutting your health benefits, retirement, increasing you responsibilities, and holding you to unrealistic performance standards. No child left behind, but lets keep screwing over the people that are to help them along the way. Start comparing what other jobs pay to people with masters degrees. Why should education bear the brunt of these tax cuts, while gas companies are not held to the same taxes that so many of the other states require? Many teaching starting salaries are less than $40,000 a year, some are closer to $30,000, but don't tax people who are making millions. How is this country expected to compete with the testing scores of other countries when we do not take education seriously?

There are plenty of other threads where teachers whine and moan. Use the search function and find one of them.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 9:58

From SEPA
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
There are plenty of other threads where teachers whine and moan. Use the search function and find one of them.

Micturation match on edumacation in progress.

(extraneous nonsense removed)

There's one. Go fight the meh fight there.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 10:14

Edited by gfen on 2011/3/10 10:43:05

From Monessen, PA
The last two posts will be deleted if any other posts follow that take the discussion away from the OP topic of Marcellus Shale drilling issues. Be fair to the originator of the thread, gentlemen. If he wanted this in OT, he would have posted it there. As it is, it was moved here because it has relevance on a conservation issue. Please allow it to continue in that vein.

Posted on: 2011/3/10 10:34

From harlansburg
a friend sent me this, sorry for the short ad at the beginning, and I'm more of a conservative than a liberal, but this is very scary if it's true. please watch the whole interview if you have the time.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ ... hel_maddow_show/#42021211

another article I found.
http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly ... ox-guarding-the-henhouse/

Posted on: 2011/3/11 19:10

Edited by bikerfish on 2011/3/11 19:32:55

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com