Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Opinion needed sanctuary solution

From United States
If you are serious. P.M. me.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 12:38

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Well, it sort of sounds like this to me:

Quote:
Now, if you're say, protecting a little coldwater trib to a larger public resource, and thus protecting the quality of fishing on said public resource at other times of the year, and also not fishing this refuge yourself, well, then I salute you sir.

And if that's the case, I wasn't trying to cut you down, I was being genuine in saluting you. It's hiding fish at their most vulnerable so that they're available when less vulnerable. Keep it to yourself, don't tell a sole, including the PFBC.

If this is the case but you allow yourself the selfishness of fishing it yourself, I'd say fishing it isn't sporting, but still defend you in keeping it quiet, as it's still helping public fishing opportunities.

If it's pure selfishness, and you don't want the public to fish for those fish anywhere, anytime, well, I'm gonna call it selfishness, not that there's anything particularly wrong about that...

I wasn't condemning you. It was a little unclear to me what you have and what your motivations are in protecting it. So I was trying to splain my views on each possible situation. No offense intended.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 16:41

From LV
Pine Creek is a warm water stream for 2 months of the year most years. Yes it holds wild trout for most of its length, but those wild trout are few and far between. I suspect the trout that are hanging at the tribs are that come out of the tribs during the fall after the spawn and are moving back into the tribs.
Want to do something about it, open up the mouthes of the tribs so the fish can move up.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 22:03

From United States
I'm okay pcray, no offense taken. My aplogies to all for being so sharp. I became frustrated and felt misunderstood. This was not a complete failure for me. I have come to some realizations This is just to large a topic for me to explain easily and make it understandable here. There is just too much. Thanks to all for the advice. Something that is rattling around in the old noggin though. What runs converse to management over animal populations versus our trout populations is with animals the fewer the numbers the larger the protection. Panda Bears for example. But with trout we have so many streams that we are spoiled and when a stream does not have the kilograms per hectare to justify the A classification we stock over it with genetic pollution further hindering the wild fish and never realizing the potential. I have had the misfortune of experiencing this first hand. Management practices are determined by the classifications. If the shocking survey is done when the fish aren't there. What good is it. Well I'm done. Thanks for your attempt at helping this grump. I have the contacts and numbers and I believe that I will pursue official protection so it can be shared and I can sleep. Maybe...Keep your ears open. Maybe

Posted on: 2012/9/22 19:43

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com