Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Not in SE PA

It was my understanding that these bucks county wells would not require any fracking. I could be wrong though.

Posted on: 2012/7/19 16:21

From SWPA
I wouldn't rule out horizontal drilling either. There are a few companies here in SWPA that are rediscovering older shallow formations and drilling horizontally for gas and oil. I am not familiar just yet with the formation in SEPA that they are discussing, but it won't be very different from some other play in the Appalachian basin.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 4:01

From SE PA
Remember this is a news report. What counts is the language in the bill. I have not investigated that.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 7:31

From Monessen, PA
'Politicians are not idiots, they are scumbags and crooks finding a way to line their pockets at the expense of the taxpayers while creating the illusion that what they are doing is in the best interest of their constituents when it really is self-serving. And they get reelected. Nothing a politician does is truly in the best interest of their constituents – everything has an angle – some are just more obvious than others."

This is very gross overgeneralization and part of the reason our government runs the way it does-- the people who want honest government drop-out because of the prevelance of this stereotype. I know many public servants (what you call "politicians") who are honest and not doing what you seem to accuse all of them of doing. Carry on, if you want to debate the point, we should start a thread in OT.

Posted on: 2012/7/20 7:46

Started a political thread in the OT forum

Posted on: 2012/7/20 11:54

From Lancaster County
USGS report on South Newark Basin. I don't think there's a single hole thats been drilled; its based on what other similar basins have produced or have been calculated to produce. Instead of the outrage at the legislators that make sure they protected their districts, why not turn some of that towards the legislators that ensured their districts were pillaged?

For those that are outraged, do you live in Bucks or Montgomery County? If not, is it envy of the legislators that are looking out for their own?

Posted on: 2012/8/7 19:58

From SE PA
Quote:

salmonoid wrote:
USGS report on South Newark Basin. I don't think there's a single hole thats been drilled; its based on what other similar basins have produced or have been calculated to produce. Instead of the outrage at the legislators that make sure they protected their districts, why not turn some of that towards the legislators that ensured their districts were pillaged?

For those that are outraged, do you live in Bucks or Montgomery County? If not, is it envy of the legislators that are looking out for their own?

The first well site was going through the permit process when the bill was passed. There were some shallow wells drilled in the 80s but I don't think anything ever came of them.

I live in Bucks and I don't agree with our area having any special restrictions. I believe policies regarding drilling should be consistent state wide.

Posted on: 2012/8/8 8:08

From LV
What makes Bucks and Montco so special is Buck$ and Vote$ And OH, btw, they've know there was gas in SEPA for years, the money for the study was wasted.

Posted on: 2012/8/11 17:20

From SE PA
Quote:

Chaz wrote:
What makes Bucks and Montco so special is Buck$ and Vote$ And OH, btw, they've know there was gas in SEPA for years, the money for the study was wasted.

10% of the state's population lives in these two counties. Not that that makes it right but it equates to political strength.

Posted on: 2012/8/12 9:41

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com