Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: NO!!!! Ya think?

From SWPA
There are a couple different issues here. The first is the OP's question of the rigs running on natural gas. This is pretty much a logistics problem. You have to have a supply of natural gas that can be piped to the rig. For infield drilling where pipeline quality well gas is available that's not an issue. If we are not close to that then running a long pipeline to a temporary drilling rig is an issue, although one that we are preparing to do soon. My vehicle is a bi fuel pickup truck. Runs on CNG and gasoline. I have 3 public fueling stations between Pgh and Washington, PA. There is 1 in State College that I used on Wednesday. The 2, 10 gal tanks take up almost half of my 8' pickup bed. With the high pressure filling stations it takes about 5 - 10 mins to fill up. Low pressure home units would need to be hooked up overnight.
Not perfect yet but the vehicle is simple to fill and runs great on CNG. no problems.
I understand that Sheetz, Giant Eagle are looking into placing a CNG system at their stations.
This all takes time, money and a commitment. The current negative attitude to drilling by the anti's and the over regulation by both DEP and now the EPA does put some doubt/concern in the minds of the folks that will need to front the costs of setting up a massive distribution system.

Posted on: 2013/2/1 4:45

From Reading
Quote:

Gudgeonville wrote:

This all takes time, money and a commitment. The current negative attitude to drilling by the anti's and the over regulation by both DEP and now the EPA does put some doubt/concern in the minds of the folks that will need to front the costs of setting up a massive distribution system.

Now that there is funny

Posted on: 2013/3/3 9:42

From Birdsboro
Can they use it "direct from the well" or does it require some processing?

Posted on: 2013/3/12 11:23

From LV
My question is when do we get vehicles that run on Natural Gas? They are drilling on land that we all own and we haven't yet been able to take advantage of the wealth of gas, why don't we get to share in the wealth in the form of cheap energy?

Posted on: 2013/3/12 17:38

You can buy a Honda Civic that runs on natural gas.

Posted on: 2013/3/12 18:14

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com