Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: Monocacy looking good
From Monessen, PA
Speaking of classy, Sal, that new avatar is certainly a flash of high culture.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 10:19

From lancaster county
thought it was actually very fitting.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 11:09

From Bozeman
Sal, some would say the idiot is the one that keeps referencing an internet argument days after it's over.

Especially when his posts are largely incoherent.

IT WAS A JOKE. I CAN MAKE ALL THE PERSONAL ATTACKS I WANT, AS LONG AS I SAY IT WAS A JOKE. ROFL LOLWTFBBQ !!!!11!

Posted on: 2009/2/11 11:22

From SE PA
Back to the original topic; I'm surprised the fish population was as high as it was with all the poaching there. It won't be long until it's like the Saucon. The poachers don't discriminate on fish size so the 14 inch argument is mute. As mentioned part of the problem is below the dam is stocked water in a city park and above the dam is the special regs area. Many, especially the kids, just keep fishing above the dam and keep just about anything they catch.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 11:52

From lancaster county
ok im going to set the record straight once and for all.

Jack,

as for all the people of the board you are the most challenging. Your opinions are generally consistant anbd make me think. There are many times that you have made me consider a viewpoint i never thought of.

JayL,

I never once attacked you in that thread actually you attacked me. I never called you a name or eluded to your class or even age. As you did to me. I have seen entire threads be erased for less than you did. But becuase its me...it wasent. Thats ok though i can except that. In fact i have gained 3 times the respect for you because you spoke your mind and told me what you thought of me. Now its my turn you can think that my posts are incohernt but i think you sound bloated and frankly very arrogent at times. Thats fine because you a generally intelligent and the fact i continue to argue with you should lead you to believe that you are not an idiot as my avatar states. I just thought it was funny given the circumstance. No i dont change my opinions, in fact Jack has even commented that i generally am not waiving on my viewpoints. Then again since your this last post...i might have to stop argueing with you. you keep proving me wrong.

The entire p.s was a joke and again you didnt get it ...im starting to not become suprised.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 12:31

From lancaster county
franklin,

if there is a fair amount of poaching and harvesting of not legal size fish, then prehaps that is a good reason for the 14 inch fish disappearing. Sounds like some local flyfisherman should fish the water some and put a stop to that behavior with some WCO's. As far as the dam that would be a habitat issue. im taking it your talking about icks mill?

Posted on: 2009/2/11 12:50

From Lehigh Valley
Sal - yes - illicks mill is the place. I've personally ran into kids a few time fishing with bait on that section and reminded them of the regulations.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 12:58

From SE PA
Yes, Illick's Mill. I see people catching some fish in the lower stocked area and then go up to the special regulation area and catch a few more. They often keep the catch in a plastic bag. So later how would you prove which fish and how many came from which side of the dam? I think they mostly stock rainbows below and the wild trout are brown. But that's not enough to prove anything since there are some browns below the dam.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 13:22

From lancaster county
you would have to catch them in the act. that would be the only way to get them. the other hard part would be how old are they....be hard to get a WCO on a 6 year old either way that is a shame and short of catching them in the process there would be absolutely no way to catch them.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 13:38

From Monessen, PA
It never hurts to speak to the younger poachers. Half the time they didn't know better and the other half, they just need someone to remind them of what is right. I usually tell an angler fishing outside of the regulations that they are doing so and explain why. You don't have to be combative, more like a kindly teacher or preacher. Sometimes saying, "If you get caught, the fine can be expensive," is an appropriate way to give them something to think about. If they get biligerent, just walk away, but pull your cell phone out and either make a call to the WCO or let them think you did.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 13:57

From Monessen, PA
Quote:

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
I never once attacked you in that thread actually you attacked me. I never called you a name or eluded to your class or even age. As you did to me. I have seen entire threads be erased for less than you did.

Sal, I am certain you have never seen entire threads deleted by me for "less than" what Jay has directed toward you on the other thread. I just reviewed the entire thread where insults were hurled and not only were they very mild, they seemed to me to be a mutual thing.

Other moderators may have deleted threads that you thought were not as argumentative or where nothing personal was said and they might even think the one you are referencing was beyond the bounds, but I haven't and I do not.

If you are going to engage in debates and disputes, you have to take some insults as part of the mix unless they are outrageous and completely unsolicited. Again, having re-read that thread, I didn't see either.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 14:24

From lancaster county
so iam a doushe then jack ?

its ok i trust your judgement jack. then by your account jay was also wrong and i didnt peronal attack him either as he claims. i can tell you with jays old man sense of humor i dont think ill be debating with him anytime soon .
i remember a few posts getting deleted or locked but i can even begin to remember what ones to back up my claim. it was a long time ago.

as far as what you said about the poachers i think your approach is spot on. the thought of poachers im sure never equates into a biological report or survey.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 14:31

From Bozeman
If you try to bust balls in the middle of a debate, it won't just be laughed off. Granted, I was laughing, but I also saw an opening for much of the same on my part.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 14:48

From lancaster county
thats true jay but you dont play fair...i mean first you gotta have them for me to bust

no just kidding seriously man...u showed you got plenty just by being honest .

Posted on: 2009/2/11 15:15

From Bozeman
In all fairness, I was pretty intoxicated.

Posted on: 2009/2/11 15:22

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com