Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Marine East Pipeline

From Morgantown, PA
Several spills in Lebanon County's Quittapahilla watershed over the last 60 days...in relation to Mariner East.

Two into Snitz Creek, a natural reproduction list ATW. No mention of any fish kill fortunately.

One into Bachman Run. ATW with a small hatchery on it. Approximately 70 Trout dead in the hatchery as a result of sediment influx.

Posted on: 2017/10/6 9:46

From Lancaster County
DEP suspends construction of the Mariner East 2 pipeline (for a bit). Glad to see this gas is staying local...

Posted on: 1/4 10:47

From harlansburg
Good for the DEP to be on top of this. Of course, the feds will likely overrule the state laws and the project will move forward regardless.
and yeah, did anyone actually believe that the citizens of PA, or even the US, would be benefiting from the gas? I do remember saying it was always about the profit, and that the gas produced was never intended for our use.
oil and gas independence my ass.
Next they will tell us we NEED the gold in the bristol bay watershed, then let a foreign country mine it.
makes me sick.

Posted on: 1/4 16:37

From Chester County
The pipeline has had problems going through the part of Chester County where I live. Residents around here are up-in-arms, and with good reason, IMO.

A long time ago, when the Marcellus Shale thing just got started, I knew stuff like this was bound to happen. Most folks, in other parts of the state away from the drilling paid little attention. If they drill and actually extract gas from the wells in northern PA....what do you think they were going to do with it??....drill pipelines over mountains, under streams and rivers and through neighborhoods, and at times exercise eminent domain laws, too.

While I'm not totally against the whole thing, it's really got to be monitored and controlled.

https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvan ... peline-construction-site/

https://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvan ... ged-drinking-water-wells/

http://www.dailylocal.com/article/DL/20170701/NEWS/170709997

Attach file:

jpg  Pipeline over and under.jpg (113.18 KB)
53_5a4f6c1014750.jpg 620X412 px

Posted on: 1/5 7:03

From Nicholson PA
Living up on the Wyoming, Susquehanna County line i can say you had better get use to it and hope for the best.It looks like a jig saw puzzle here now.

Posted on: 1/5 8:22

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Where do you most want to fly fish outside the region?
Western US 39% (31)
Alaska 10% (8)
New Zealand 32% (26)
Florida Keys 3% (3)
South America 6% (5)
Elsewhere 7% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2018/3/17 12:44
6 Comments

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com