Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Marcellus Shale drilling severance tax

From SE PA
According to this article it's $0.39 per thousand cubic feet. Several other issues are raised.

http://www.paflyfish.com/modules/newb ... hp?topic_id=15643&forum=6

The real tax revenue is out a year or two. It's better to get it right than get it quick. In my business we have a saying, "you want it bad, you get it bad".

Posted on: 2010/10/2 21:14

From Eastern PA
Franklin you link is a link to this thread we are currently in. In another thread I broke down the price per into a %. As I stated in that thread, it is very high now (I believe around 9%) but could quickly become minimal should natural gas prices surge. It will definitively become minimal over time, % wise, even with normal inflation.

Ryan, my assertion that this was a win was in regards to the direction the general fund was going (down) and environmental concerns were going (up). 32% of $300 tax next year would result in $100 of NEW money in the growing greener fund. This doesn't include a few million per year for dam removal, etc.

Posted on: 2010/10/2 23:24

From SE PA
Sorry grabbed the link on the wrong page. I read the bill from here:

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/CFDOCS/L ... yp=B&billNbr=1155&pn=2232

Page 24 line 27 says 39 cents per unit which is 1000 cubic feet. There is language to make adjustments annually based on market prices. I didn't check current market prices but the adjustments are based on 7% of market price.

Edit: Based on today's gas price the 39 cents is about 9% of the market price.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 12:12

From Lehighton, PA
Franklin you're right it is higher than what I thought. The original proposal was for somthing more in line with what I thought but the bill that got thru the House was higher and I didn't realize it until I asked about it this weekend.

Took a drive out to elk/natural gas country on Saturday, heard some interesting and alarmist type anti-gas tax commercials during my drive. Also saw my first Pa elk, ended up seeing 3 total and heard my first bugle too.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 22:54

From Dallastown, PA
For those interested in contacting your Senator to encourage passage of this tax, there are only 3 days left. The following is an easy format to get the message to your senator. It is always good to follow up with a phone call.

From PennFuture:

The Senate only has THREE DAYS left to pass a severance tax on natural gas drilling in the Marcellus Shale. ACT NOW OR THE DRILLERS WILL RUN ROUGHSHOD OVER OUR LAND.

The House passed a natural gas extraction tax with a significant portion going to environmental funding and communities forced to “host” drilling. The ball is now in the Senate’s court – but senators are balking at passing a tax.

If the Senate does not act – THE SEVERANCE TAX WILL DIE.

There will be no other opportunity before this legislative session ends. Pennsylvania will remain the only major natural gas state with no tax on drilling, and the gas rush will overwhelm our land, forests and communities.
Email your Senator now to urge his or her support for severance tax legislation. Encourage your friends and family to do the same. WE ARE ALMOST OUT OF TIME – PLEASE ACT NOW.

Sincerely,

Christine Knapp
Director of Outreach
PennFuture

Posted on: 2010/10/11 11:04

From Mount Joy, PA
Once again, our elected officials have failed to do what is in the best interest of this state. So we take another step backward:

http://www.wgal.com/news/25463241/detail.html

Posted on: 2010/10/21 13:49

From lancaster county
Your right the let us down again......

Took the survey:

Do you think Pennsylvania should impose a tax on natural gas drillers in the state?

Choice Votes Percentage of 399 Votes
Yes 215 54%
No 138 35%
Not sure 46 12%
Thank you for voting in our WGAL.com

Posted on: 2010/10/21 15:33

From Monessen, PA
For sure some of them let us down, but many were ready, willing, if not able, to impose a fair and reasonable tax and to compromise to reach an acceptable piece of legislation. Hopefully those interested will determine how their representatives behaved in regard to the matter and be active electors in trying to do something about it.

Posted on: 2010/10/21 16:01

From Mount Joy, PA
Quote:

JackM wrote:
Hopefully those interested will determine how their representatives behaved in regard to the matter and be active electors in trying to do something about it.

Wouldn't it be easier to just switch to the Tea party and become bitter and disgruntled?

Posted on: 2010/10/21 16:42

From Monessen, PA
Or Join my new party: The Work-week Is Too Damn Long Party

Posted on: 2010/10/21 17:15

From Clinton County, Pa.
I belong to the "I'm Retired Party". You get to flyfish more than "The Work-Week is Too Damn Long Party" LOL.

Posted on: 2010/10/21 17:32

From Jonestown, PA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4o-TeMHys0
Or "The rent is too damn high" party... and yes that guy is completely serious.

Posted on: 2010/10/22 19:31

From Tioga co. formerly of bucks co.
Quote:
I belong to the "I'm Retired Party". You get to flyfish more than "The Work-Week is Too Damn Long Party" LOL.

same here !!!!

Posted on: 2010/10/23 8:15

So many Fish, So little time !!!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing ghillie..
https://www.facebook.com/BigMeadowsFlyShop

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com