Marcellus Shale Industry Employees from York Pa

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
Curious if anyone observing this message board works in any way with the Marcellus Shale industry and resides in York County PA.

Our local newspaper is doing an article on the industry and would like to "localize" and personalize the MS shale to York County.

This all stemmed from our TU chapter scheduling a meeting at the Gander Mountain in West York on March 13th at 2pm. Our Speaker will be David Sewak from the National TU - David is the Marcellus Shale field Organizer for PA.

While looking for advertising for the meeting, they felt it would be a nice piece to do for the Business and Industry section. I said I would look around for someone who may have either; works from York for the MS industry, or perhaps whom has relocated from York to the Northern Tier to gain employment.

The basic interest is how the MS industry affects York County.

Feel free to PM me if you don't want to be "outted"

thanks,

Maurice

I'll find you somebody Mo , the guy who bought my mobile home in Cumberland county , Newville , was from here originally , moved to Texas to work in the oil industry and then moved back last fall to work in the Marcellus project , they needed a place fast which worked out for me selling my trailer in slow times and he was in his own place by Christmas. Are there active drilling sites in York county? I wasn't sure if they drilled that far east but i know there are existing natural gas pipelines and compressor stations at Delta and the surrounding area running south into the vicinity of Baltimore MD. There is also a pipeline project going on simultaneously with the Marcellus project , the pipeline project is know as "The Millenium Project" and is quite alot of work joining existing lines to a new one that will travel along the Mason/Dixon line. lots of digging and the potential for disaster exist with this project also , if you hear the folks refer to the millenium project it IS connected with the natural gas industry although i don't know if it connected to the Marcellus project. Perhaps it is connected in that the gas will have to be transmitted somehow , pipelines. The old Bethlehem Steel plant in Steelton has a Pipe Mill right next to the new turnpike bridge between Highspire and Steelton , the mill was purchased by another company and is up and running , producing heavy pipe for natural gas transmission. If you were to stop in there at the gate i'm betting they could hook you up right there with someone who either works in Marcellus or can refer you to someone who does. That would be what i'd do Mo if i had to find someone quickly.

Back