Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Huge fish kill on Arkansas River 1-1-11 and birds too.

From Johnstown, PA
once again i refer you to you tube there are stories about both Baltinore and Ketucky incidents on there , how about trying to look before you criticize everyone. Anyone in the Johnstown area check out the 50 or so dead blackbirds at the intersection of the Elton RD. and Theater drive they are squished in the intersection from traffic but they are undoubtably birds. I also noticed several large flocks of blackbirds here today and it's January , they are not supposed to be here now.

Posted on: 2011/1/4 18:24

From Eastern PA
I heard the fireworks thing too. That's just silly. Not even a professional high powered fire work show but a hill jack show. If fireworks scared birds into heart attacks my guess is hunting expeditions would be more successful.

They are attributing the fish kill to an unknown virus.

Posted on: 2011/1/5 0:01

From Johnstown, PA
"A genetically engineered organism (Man made virus) cannot exist long in nature , it becomes benign in a very short time." ED DAMES former bio weapons adviser to the white house , retired. Wanna eye opener this mornin , google , the word prion and pay particular attention to the part about Chronic Wasting Disease , the one deer get , do any of you folks think the deer herd is down? Boy are we lucky deer don't fly.

Posted on: 2011/1/5 7:27

From SE PA

Posted on: 2011/1/5 10:41

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
If fireworks scared birds into heart attacks my guess is hunting expeditions would be more successful.

Not that I disagree, I think the fireworks explanation seems far fetched too. But they aren't saying it scared them into heart attacks. These birds roost at night in huge flocks and don't navigate too well at night. They're saying the fireworks disrupted a roost and caused them to take flight in a panic, followed by running into buildings, trees, and each other, and its these collisions that caused death.

Posted on: 2011/1/5 10:58

From Bozeman
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
I heard the fireworks thing too. That's just silly. Not even a professional high powered fire work show but a hill jack show. If fireworks scared birds into heart attacks my guess is hunting expeditions would be more successful.

They are attributing the fish kill to an unknown virus.

The explanation of the firework theory, as I understand it, is that the birds were scared into flying at rooftop level, as opposed to tree top level. The birds apparently have crap night vision.

Posted on: 2011/1/5 11:07

From Johnstown, PA
Folks have been setting off fireworks for as long as there have been fireworks , has there ever been an incident of bird firework death documented before? The fourth of July would create even more bird death than New Years Eve wouldn't ya think?

Posted on: 2011/1/7 6:41

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
Folks have been setting off fireworks for as long as there have been fireworks , has there ever been an incident of bird firework death documented before?

Probably but I don't know. Mass bird deaths are common, they're just getting more attention right now.

Quote:
The fourth of July would create even more bird death than New Years Eve wouldn't ya think?

No. Well, perhaps, but more a one here, one there thing than the mass death in a small area incidents that make the news. Birds are generally flocked up in the winter, but not in the summer.

Posted on: 2011/1/7 8:49

From Johnstown, PA
Let an old guy RAIL a lil , Google CORE EXIT 9000 , 9500 , and , right on track , check out BeePeeOil Disaster on you tube.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 6:28

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com