Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Hoses in creeks

From SE PA
The amount of water that can be withdrawn is to a large degree limited by the size of the hose or pipe. With a garden hose yo have a hard time getting more than 25 GPM. This by it's nature spreads the removal over a larger time and minimizes the impact on the stream.

The two key questions are:

What is the removal rate compared to the stream flow?
How many others are also withdrawing water along the stream?

I'd venture that with the exception of large agricultural areas and in areas where drillers are withdrawing the impact is minimal.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 8:17

From Lansdale
I'm not concerned if the hose is for withdrawal. I DO have a problem if it's for backwashing a pool. The fact that the creek was devoid of vegetation for some distance downstream of the hose worries me.

Posted on: 2012/9/20 11:45

From pa
I believe if a stream is on private property or one owns property along a river, the property owner has a legal right to draw water from it. This is called riparian rights

Posted on: 2012/10/9 16:11

From Lansdale
I have NO idea if they were drawing or draining. Still waiting to hear back.

Posted on: 2012/10/9 16:45

From Philadelphia PA
Please take your camera along and provide location information when you spot something that does not look correct. Usually there's this gut feeling when something is out of the normal. Usually like a person with 50 gallon drums would surely get my attention expecially when there are vessels that can hold much greater amounts and can be filled faster.

It is great to know that there are alot of us out there that do care about the environment. I keep telling myself to bring a garbage bag with me where ever I go fishing and help keep the area cleaner.

Posted on: 2012/12/6 15:20
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Lansdale
A camera wasn't necessary in this instance, but it may have been nice. There was no way to tell by a picture what that line was. Someone NEEDED to go out and investigate.

Posted on: 2012/12/8 7:02

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com