Hammer Creek, Lancaster/Lebanon County

PaulR

PaulR

Have a question. Are any TU chapters monitoring this stream?

I fished it last Sunday and caught a half dozen small brownies, saw a nicely colored brook trout before heavy rain came in. It's the first time I've fished it since moving to the area and the creek seemed pretty nice other than the fact that there were large disposed truck tires on the banks, in the water, trash and other debris. Sad really.

I did notice that there were some old deflectors so at some point someone must have been taken on some stewardship at one point.

I think the stream has a lot or promise but could use a big helping hand. If anyone would like to plan a stream clean up some time count me in.

I fished the section above 322 this summer and it sure does need a hand. The biggest thing I noticed was a total lack of fish holding habitat with heavily silted bottom through large portions of the section I fished. I caught some fish but they were in the few holes.

I didn't notice a ton of trash on the upper section. If you want to see how big of pigs people are got check out the trash in the game lands along Segloch Run the local Class A.

Back