Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS


Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 (2)


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 19118
Offline
Quote:

osprey wrote:
Farmer.......No !!!! WE DON'T we should but we don't. This guy is way too much he is going to end up dead hell i'm even nervous t5alkin about it.


We don't what?

More likely he be turned into a shrunken Brussel Sprout head.

Posted on: 2013/5/15 8:22
_________________
There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance." -Henry David Thoreau--


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2012/3/14 23:03
Posts: 314
Offline
Believe it or not, this gentleman is most likely a flame for moths. He is controlled opposition. I have read and watched a decent amount of him. He once made an unequivocal claim that there are only good extraterrestrials-very bold indeed. Huge red flag. You know what they say about dealing in absolutes. Many other claims he has made and supported that cause great doubt.

Other so called conspiracy forums are actually run by big oil and gas. Private domain who is now, but they weren't always so careful in the beginning of the net. Big energy controls your thought process.

As for the "free energy", well, it is blatantly obvious that nuclear power is and was stifled by American gas and oil men. All you have to do is look at the world's billionaires list to see how relativity easy it is to buy acreage and extort your fellow Americans when the mercury plummets.

The direction that nuclear energy research has gone in is very telling. It is the closest thing we have to free energy that the Euro-inbreed banking cartel will not kill people for.

Those naval ships we have that don't need to be refueled for quite some time.....yeah....not running around the world on nat gas.

Posted on: 2013/5/15 16:55


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2009/4/1 21:52
From Johnstown, PA
Posts: 4469
Offline
Dave.........I"m not taking down engineers or metallurgists , if this guy was one of those i would still be aware that he left a good job to pursue his hobby and i would be just as impressed by them.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 7:52


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 19118
Offline
I see. So, if I quit my job and decide to take this fly fishing thing seriously, you would consider me to be an authority on the subject?

Osprey, I'm just messing with you. It's what I do.

However, I would never consider hiring my MD to build any kind of power generating devices for me. Just sayin...

Just because a person is educated in one thing doesn't make him an expert in everything ... Afterall, he is not Al Gore or Barry O, and I am not the Nobel Prize committee.

BTW, Dennis Kucinich once saw a UFO, too.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 9:52
_________________
There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance." -Henry David Thoreau--


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2006/11/2 8:50
Posts: 6444
Online
OK, I finally see the conservation topic here.

SAVE THE LOONS!!

They are hardly an endangered species, though. In fact their numbers seem to be increasing.

They seem to be thriving in the Internet habitat.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 10:01


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2006/12/13 9:28
From Other side of the tracks
Posts: 19118
Offline
Hey Mike, what's Dr. Greer's position on bigfoot, and don't say missionary.

Posted on: 2013/5/16 12:04
_________________
There are certain pursuits which, if not wholly poetic and true, do at least suggest a nobler and finer relation to nature than we know. The keeping of bees, for instance." -Henry David Thoreau--


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2008/1/31 17:19
From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Posts: 13701
Offline
I didn't say I agreed with Greer. I called him a pseudo-scientific hack.

I merely said that, unlike free energy, cold fusion is something that is not contrary to the laws of physics. It's nuclear power, nothing more. Just a little bit of a different type of reaction than our fission reactors. Our sun runs on fusion power. And thus, so does the entire earth. All of our solar, wind, coal, gas, hydro, etc. That energy was supplied by fusion, just indirectly.

I do think that someday, it may be possible to harness fusion power, and it has some innate advantages over fission (which we already can handle). I don't put much/any faith in this guy accomplishing it, though.

Fusion is not free energy. Nor is fission. They are stored energy in the Earth. The raw materials are fuels just like coal and gas are fuels. Free energy (perpetual motion, or achieving "unity" without a fuel) is contrary to the laws of physics and impossible.

Posted on: 2013/5/21 10:19


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2009/10/15 13:45
From Eastern PA
Posts: 10299
Online
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
I didn't say I agreed with Greer. I called him a pseudo-scientific hack.

I merely said that, unlike free energy, cold fusion is something that is not contrary to the laws of physics. It's nuclear power, nothing more. Just a little bit of a different type of reaction than our fission reactors. Our sun runs on fusion power. And thus, so does the entire earth. All of our solar, wind, coal, gas, hydro, etc. That energy was supplied by fusion, just indirectly.

I do think that someday, it may be possible to harness fusion power, and it has some innate advantages over fission (which we already can handle). I don't put much/any faith in this guy accomplishing it, though.

Fusion is not free energy. Nor is fission. They are stored energy in the Earth. The raw materials are fuels just like coal and gas are fuels. Free energy (perpetual motion, or achieving "unity" without a fuel) is contrary to the laws of physics and impossible.


You are absolutely correct and it's not even a discussion.

Having said that, the US will always (well ~ 30 years or so) be afraid of nuclear power for completely irrational reasons. So let's fool these bitches, call it cold super funky fusion fission (tm) and have Justin Beeber sing the catch tune on all of the commercials, reduce electric generation rates by 25% and call it a day!

Posted on: 2013/5/24 3:39


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2006/12/7 18:21
From S. Central PA
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
You are absolutely correct and it's not even a discussion.

Having said that, the US will always (well ~ 30 years or so) be afraid of nuclear power for completely irrational reasons. So let's fool these bitches, call it cold super funky fusion fission (tm) and have Justin Beeber sing the catch tune on all of the commercials, reduce electric generation rates by 25% and call it a day!

Speaking strictly for myself, I do have a fear of nuclear power, and I'm not sure it's irrational. For the record, it's not the technology I fear. The problem is it will be built, operated and maintained by corporations where profit is the primary motive. The military has certainly demonstrated that nuclear power can be done safely. But I seriously doubt they run a cost/benefit analysis on maintenance or upgrades.

My $0.02

Posted on: 2013/5/24 8:36


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2008/1/31 17:19
From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Posts: 13701
Offline
Nuclear industry is extremely heavily regulated. As it should be. Safety record is excellent, much better than any other form of power generation.

The part that always gets me is that the regulations aren't always the smartest. For instance, many of them are counterproductive to their own purposes. Consider, modern day reactor designs are safer, produce far less waste, and more energy efficient than older reactors. But we don't build them, as safety and environmental regs make it cost prohibitive to do so. So instead, we keep running the first generation plants because they are grandfathered in past all those regs, despite the fact that they are also well beyond their designed lifetimes. Brilliant!

Posted on: 2013/5/24 11:40


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2006/12/7 18:21
From S. Central PA
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
The part that always gets me is that the regulations aren't always the smartest. For instance, many of them are counterproductive to their own purposes. Consider, modern day reactor designs are safer, produce far less waste, and more energy efficient than older reactors. But we don't build them, as safety and environmental regs make it cost prohibitive to do so. So instead, we keep running the first generation plants because they are grandfathered in past all those regs, despite the fact that they are also well beyond their designed lifetimes. Brilliant!

Which gets back to my point that cost and profit trumps safety.

Posted on: 2013/5/24 18:34


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2012/3/14 23:03
Posts: 314
Offline
Quote:

DanW wrote:

Which gets back to my point that cost and profit trumps safety.


As it does with gas, except gas affects millions of more people globally for the worse than nuclear power could ever dream of doing. Power that is, watts, not tons.

Posted on: 2013/5/25 0:28


Re: Good news or nut case?

Joined:
2009/4/1 21:52
From Johnstown, PA
Posts: 4469
Offline
BeastBrown.........I think the judgement on the Fukoshima sp? are still out for a verdict no?

Posted on: 2013/5/31 18:59



« 1 (2)



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]





Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls





Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com