Good article on Valley Creek

Fredrick

Fredrick

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/local/14347118.htm
:pint: :hammer:

good article!

few comments:

Wild trout streams here have often benefited more from luck and local support than from central planning.
this is sad fact. shame of the pfbc! :-(

The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission's shifts, reflecting anglers' enthusiasm for catching hatchery trout, have been more tentative.
shame on us! :-x

Conservation was the goal when Owens cofounded the Valley Forge chapter of Trout Unlimited in 1976,
thank god for them! :-D

Montana's motto, "Wild Trout First," translates as no stocking trout in streams, ever.
good for them! :-D

and finally.......
now i never keep any fish but
Wild trout, on the other hand, may be caught (and must be released) at Valley year-round.
who says they must? they should be! maybe this is a law the pfbc could implement to save wild trout in all streams. that is where the trout are obviously wild.

IT is a C & R water, been that way fo years.

salvelinusfontinalis wrote:
good article!....

and finally.......
now i never keep any fish but
Wild trout, on the other hand, may be caught (and must be released) at Valley year-round.
who says they must? they should be! maybe this is a law the pfbc could implement to save wild trout in all streams. that is where the trout are obviously wild.

To expand on Stonefly's comment. It has been C&R for years ...because of a pollution event in the 70's I believe. I think it was rgiht after the VF chapter was formed and...I think it was PCB's from a local factory.

So to answer your question Sal, The PF&BC says you MUST release all trout caught in Valley Creek.

Back