Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Get off your @$$

From Bel Air, MD
The fracking issue reminds of of the John Prine song "Paradise."

"Then the coal company came, with the world's largest shovel, and they tortured the timber and stripped all the land. Well they dug fer the coal till the land was forsaken, then they wrote it all down as the progress of man.

And daddy won't you take me back to Muhlenberg County
Down by the Green River where Paradise lay
Well, I'm sorry my son, but you're too late in asking
Mister Peabody's coal train has hauled it away."

Something tells me, when all is said and done, there will be MANY unintended consequences...like with most things that mess with the environment. Sad.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 13:14

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Funny, coal is going bankrupt because of gas.

Posted on: 2012/7/14 17:31

From Lehighton, PA
Quote:

Lonewolve wrote:
I know some folks are from Clearfield County heck even Pa Trout Unlimited president Ken Undercoffer supposedly lives there.I wish Trout Unlimited would spend some effort in Pennsylvania keeping this Marcellus situation in check and applying some pressure to the folks that allowed such rampant disregard to happen without having the proper number of specially trained registered inspectors on the hunt at these well sites.

Are you a Trout Unlimited member? If not then we sure wish you'd get involved to express your concerns, help out, and learn that exactly what you wish TU would do they are in fact already doing but we could always use more help from folks just like you.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 14:28

From Lehighton, PA
Quote:

Lonewolve wrote:
Contd'
I am currently not a member for several reasons, #1 my chapter is not currently in effect{ Little Lehigh}.
I am not personally into meetings, but I will attend from time to time, I am more interested in doing Riparian buffer work, also i would like to do instream device work. Although in this state seems the fish commission makes you have to do a hellish amount of paperwork to throw a couple rocks around,seems to me that developers in this area get away with bloody murder with running their stormwater drains into the streams without proper time release catch basins.
Meanwhile locally the Limestoners are overly silted up, one of the main reasons we haven't the hatches we once had.Midges are alive an well though.
#2 I would prefer to join as a life member if i rejoin, I am currently a Life member of the NRA,and am also a member of the NWTF too. WShen i joined the NRA as a life meber they had a payment program this was 1992, i paid 25 bucks a month, well come tax refund time i paid my membership in full.
Tight Wraps & Tight Lines
Rick Wallace

I don't know if you live closer to the Little Lehigh or to the Bushkill in Easton but I am currently the president of the Forks of the Delaware Chapter and our primary watershed is the Bushkill Creek. Our next regular meeting is September 5th, 7PM at Stockertown Rod & Gun Club and you are most welcome and encouraged to attend. We meet regularly here the first Wednesday each month from September thru June.

We are very active in the Bushkill Creek as well as Martins Creek, partnering with the Martins-Jacoby Watershed Association. We do and have done various in-stream projects in both streams along with extensive riparian plantings up and down the Bushkill Creek watershed. Currently we are engaged in a critical water-quality monitoring program going on in Bushkill Creek. We do an annual stream cleanup on both streams and alos have an active Adopt-A-Highway project along the creek on Bushkill Drive. We have a number of other projects and involvements throughout the year as well. We have a few stream-work projects currently in the planning and proposal stages too. If you don't attend regular meetings, no worries, we get our information out thru member e-mails and our newsletter.
-Ryan Rush

Posted on: 2012/7/27 14:51

Don't miss Stop the Frack Attack in DC this week.

Posted on: 2012/7/27 22:14
it said, "Goodbye."
Richard Armour

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com