Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

EPA fracking news

From harlansburg
didn't read entire article yet, thought some here might be interested.

http://stateimpact.npr.org/pennsylvan ... roundwater-contamination/

Posted on: 2011/12/8 16:35

Re: EPA fracking news

From SE PA
Not much real information but has some untruths.

There has been pollution related to the fracking process under certain conditions.

Fracking is know to have issues at shallow depths which is why some states have minimum depths on horizontal drilling. (I understand through some of my sources that there have been some minor pollution issues with shallow operations and that is why there are some minimum depth regulations.) Pa does not have this issue as MS drilling here is significantly deeper than the shallow efforts that had issues.

As we have seen here in Pa well casing failures can be a problem. If constructed of proper materials and inspected properly this is a significantly small percentage of casings that fail.

Two important facts that are needed to help understand the problem at that site. Did the well casing fail? At what depth was the horizontal bore?

Posted on: 2011/12/9 8:11

From Dallastown, PA
Share with us the untruths in the article please.

Posted on: 2011/12/9 18:47

From Greensburg, PA
Another take on teh same story...I like this paragraph and how it sums up...

"The immediate danger from fracking is much, much greater in the Wyoming case than it is in the Pennsylvania case," said Demian Saffer, an associate professor in geosciences at Penn State University. "If there is a lesson, it's the surface pits. ... Unless they're designed and cared for carefully, we know they're essentially a spill site on the surface."

Read more: EPA investigators connect fracking to groundwater pollution - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitts ... 771187.html#ixzz1g5iiAeXm

Posted on: 2011/12/9 20:33

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com