Doc Fritchey TU Manada Creek Project

S

scotto

Doc Fritchey TU will be conducting a stram bank restoration project at Manada Creek, Dauphin County on 8/10/13.

This is heavy work and many hands will allow more restoration work to be completed.

All are welcome, you need not be a DFTU member.

Meeting place is Furnance Road(lower end of delayed harvest area) at 8:30 am. We expect to have the project completed by 12:30.

See www.dftu.org for additional information.

Good luck with this project, wish I could join you. if you care to, post some "before and after" pics (or a link) as this can help drum up enthusiasm and support.

I will work on pics

This is wonderful to hear! I appreciate the work you guys do for that and other area streams. Unfortunately I'll be in Raystown this weekend. I will second the call for pictures, though!

Im sure they did a nice job! Unfortunately I am stuck at work.

Karl Lutz from PFBC valianty led a group of FIVE, yes only 5 determined Doc Fritchey Chapter members. We were able to construct a single log/rock deflector and cleared some lanes in blow downs to allow the small groups who float stock the DHALO section more readily complete thier task. Picutres have been posted on the Chapters Facebbok page and will be posted on the website at www.dftu.org. All the volunteers were extremely frustrasted by the fact that on 5 people from a Chapter of 400+ members were able to tale 4 hours to help with the project, but good work was completed none the less.

Sorry to hear that, Scott. I'm not yet a TU member and I am saddened by the lack of action. Although it is not my favorite stream, Manada is one dear to my heart and closest to my home. Please let us know about future plans and, when possible, give as long a notice as you can. My plans, unfortunately, were made weeks in advance

Goro,

I try to post upcoming events here and also on the DFTU Facebook page. The DFTU website has the most info. Thanks for keeping DFTU in mind and non-members are always welcome at any DFTU event, especially workdays!

Did the dog keep you company while you were doing the project? He's scared the sh*t out of me more than once as I work up through that stretch...

That dog has mellowed out this year, but just keep on the proper bank or he'll remind you of his turf.

Goro, I know you are a Manada, Stoney and Clark's fan. Spend the couple of bucks and join TU and get involved. Those creeks wouldn't be the same (and Stoney's would be fishless) without them.

Apologies that I didn't see this post sooner... Although in not a members quite yet, I would have loved to be a part of helping restore the stream. I'll be checking the dftu.org site more often as I'm only 10 mins away

Odizz,

thanks, look forward to meeting you.

Scott

Back