Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 »

Class A designations and more under threat from drilling

There is legislation being introduced right now that is attempting to put the decisions of the fish and boat commission and the game commission under scrutiny of an Orwellian "Independent Regulatory Review Commission". They want control of the endangered species decision making so it does not interfere with their right to capital and energy of their choosing.

This language addresses endangered species, however it goes onto include influencing their independent decision making authority and singles them out as the LAST TWO extra-governmental rule making bodies. They want them under Caesar .

Contact this man if he is your rep.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/L ... Pick=20130&cosponId=12965

The language of this memoranda states "protects sensitive data by prohibiting the disclosure" , "another benefit of this legislation is that it places the decisions of the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission and Pennsylvania Game Commission under the review of Independent Regulatory Review Commission. As Pennsylvania’s last two remaining extra-governmental promulgated rule making bodies, the right of our concerned citizens to exercise due process in appealing a decision would, for the first time, have a forum to do so with the IRRC.

Posted on: 2013/6/25 20:40

Re: Class A designations and more under threat from drilling
From Chester County
Wow, for those out in has district (Armstron/Indiana Counties, here's the guy that proposed this stuff

Posted on: 2013/6/26 6:29

From Greensburg, PA
"...to establish a uniform and transparent process..."

"...prohibiting the disclosure of the information to anyone not involved in a development or conservation project..."

yeah, cause those two phrases go together...?

Posted on: 2013/6/26 22:12

From harlansburg
greed greed greed, money money money, greed greed greed, money money money.

ONLY things these #censor# care about.
the battle will never end
heaven forbid we have some untouched F-ing space left in this state. these #censor# want it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on: 2013/6/27 6:18

From Portage, PA
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/l ... yp=B&billNbr=1576&pn=2133

Is this the bill that is trying to be pushed through?

Posted on: 2013/6/28 10:20

From LV
The legislature is trying very hard to circumvent the laws of the Commonwealth, laws that were put in place by former legislatures, for the benefit of all. Now they are about passing laws to benefit only a chosen few, like hunting preserves. Thye would also allow a poluter to ask PFBC to reduce protection of streams by requesting Class A or other protected streams to be downgraded.

The Legislature of this state is just stupid, they've tried this before, but it seems they only float this boat during off year elections.
For instance, one thing they recently passed was a rule saying that pigs escaped from hunting preserves come under the rules of the Dept. of Agriculture, therefore the game commission hands get tied somewhat by regulating the hunting preserves. It's convoluted if you ask me.

The legislature can't pass a budget nearly every year, and they pull this tish! Yikes. We need a constitutional amendment to change the legislature and reduce the number in both houses, limit terms, and limit campaign spending. And that's just at the state level.

The legislature is filled with a bunch of gutless Holes.

Posted on: 2013/7/11 14:09

From OH
Just another example of politicians demonstrating true profession. And how cheaply they can be procured.

Posted on: 2013/7/12 18:22

HB 1576 was to be voted on today. According to the general assembly web site the bill was tabled.

Posted on: 2013/11/13 18:32

thanks Milke. I saw that it was voted out of committee but did not realize that it was tabled by the gen assembly.

Posted on: 2013/11/13 20:09

Committe Vote vid.

Some interesting comments from Rep Heffley at 21:50. [quote]

Posted on: 2013/11/14 9:38

From Bethlehem, PA
Trout Unlimited's website has a feature where you can look up your state rep and send them an e-mail right from the site.

http://www.tu.org/take-action

you don't have to be a TU member to use this feature, and you can edit out the "TU" part if you wish.

Takes less than 2 mins to complete. At the very least it will look up your representative for you so you can contact them.

Posted on: 2013/11/14 13:56

vcregular: I was mistaken because I was confused by the terminology. I knew that the bill came out of committee, but then the notation said "laid on the table," which I interpreted to mean "tabled" by the full House. What it really meant is that it was placed, in effect, on the docket of the house for a vote, which our local newspaper says may take place next week.

Posted on: 2013/11/15 8:57

This is being pushed by our governor and many legislators who are not the least bit interested in protecting our forests and streams. They figure we will have forgotten this stupidity by next election day. I have talked to my recently elected representative, who supports HB 1576. I will not forget!

Posted on: 2013/11/16 11:29

From Chester County
This video should be viewed by Jack's pollies before they vote on the bill.

Posted on: 2013/11/18 5:53

From harlansburg
wow, this whole thing is disgusting. I really think we are doomed, this bill is going to pass, and this state is going to be set back 100 years regarding it's environment.
this place sickens me.
the mentality shown by heffley is astounding. really, let's not protect a wild resource just so a kid can fish with a worm? I'd honestly be happier if a stream is designated class A, and CLOSED to ALL fishing. at least the resource would be protected. I don't NEED to fish every stream, but dammit, in this day and age, we have the intelligence to protect every stream we can.
crap like this makes me hate the gas industry and it's political pawns even more. scum, simply scum!

Posted on: 2013/11/18 7:12

Edited by bikerfish on 2013/11/18 7:33:19

(1) 2 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com