Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Back against the well or wall as they say.

From SE PA
Quote:

reds wrote:
Gudgeonville, Maybe it would be useful to provide the name of who you work for so people can weigh your employers environmental record in making decisions. All companies are not created the same and right now for every company doing things properly, it seems as though there is one having issues.

I have no issue with your posts and they seem right on from what I have experienced. Also, agree 100 % with Bikerfish's statement on getting a lawyer and require company to pretest your well at the companies expense.

Unless he is in a capacity to speak officially for a company I don't see what his employer's environmental record has to do with generic descriptions of the drilling technologies he describes. I know that at my company attaching the company's name to statements that are not officially released by said company is not condoned. I think it's poor practice to encourage others to do so.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 9:08

From Nicholson PA
Wow i am very impressed with the great turn out.I do believe that this could be a great thing for the ecomomics of pennsylvania,But i am afraid that things have moved way to fast for this to be a enviromentaly safe.The improvments in fracking techniects have come along way.but its to late now the wells are going in and no one is going to stop it.I only hope that are children can live here with out fear of being posioned.Im still hung about the sighing.I can litteraly hear the wells a coming.24hrs a day 7 days a week.JJ i hate to say it but i have seen bubbles out of the tunk for years in certain spots.o yae northerns are hitting clousers in the river(Laceyville).Current offer 5000. 20%.I do not need to know who you work for i need to know how works for me.

Posted on: 2011/7/28 15:08

From North Central PA
I hear ya Melvin... Our once beautiful Northern Tier is being shat upon!!! I'm in the process of moving downstate to Lancaster. Family and I have had enough!

Posted on: 2011/7/28 16:22

From Nicholson PA
Had my wake up call this morning 12 dump trucks in a row.Every one hitting the low slouse pipe in front of my house,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Doom,Not Boom its Doom there empty when they go by.On there way to a quarry to load up for the pads.JJ im going down the tunk sunday(come and play with me at least once before you head out)Pump and dump 6AM Nicholson and hell anyone else it time to quit talking and go fishing!Hopefully see ya sunday.

Posted on: 2011/7/29 8:20

From North Central PA
Crap.. Mel. I work all this weekend. Y'know life as a medic, weekends, nights, blah, blah...

Posted on: 2011/7/30 9:37

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

Gudgeonville wrote:
all, I did not join to argue with folks that have been here for ever, i am a geologist with over 30 years experience drilling wells, have been involved with local and out of state gas companies, DEP, EPA, OSHA and just about everything else this industry has to offer. please look at me as a resource, if I can help with an answer about an issue I will, but I get frustrated with the bad information that is labeled as news.
Maybe you should have been involved with the Gas Co. that had the blow-out near Canton and polluted a nearby stream along with the groundwater. This Gas industry is BAD NEWS!

Posted on: 2011/8/1 8:54

From SWPA
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
Quote:

Gudgeonville wrote:
all, I did not join to argue with folks that have been here for ever, i am a geologist with over 30 years experience drilling wells, have been involved with local and out of state gas companies, DEP, EPA, OSHA and just about everything else this industry has to offer. please look at me as a resource, if I can help with an answer about an issue I will, but I get frustrated with the bad information that is labeled as news.
Maybe you should have been involved with the Gas Co. that had the blow-out near Canton and polluted a nearby stream along with the groundwater. This Gas industry is BAD NEWS!

Not sure what you are talking about as I am not real familier with the north east portion of PA. Is this the leaking well head on the Chesapeake frac job that flowed water and frac fluid off of the pad?

Posted on: 2011/8/2 5:03

From SWPA
Quote:

reds wrote:
Gudgeonville, Maybe it would be useful to provide the name of who you work for so people can weigh your employers environmental record in making decisions. All companies are not created the same and right now for every company doing things properly, it seems as though there is one having issues.

I have no issue with your posts and they seem right on from what I have experienced. Also, agree 100 % with Bikerfish's statement on getting a lawyer and require company to pretest your well at the companies expense.

I would like nothing more than to tell you who I work for/with...maybe one day as I am getting close to retirement age. Unfortunately it would not be wise for me to do that at this time. I hope all will understand.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 5:14

From Frederick, MD & New Philly, OH
@ WildTigerT:

I've slammed smallies after the blow out, which was actually in Leroy (10 miles from Canton). It didn't affect the stream at all, due to extreemly high flooding.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 10:21

From Nicholson PA
Im wondering if there has been any increase or decrease in the amount of radion gas since this has started.

Posted on: 2011/8/2 15:48

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
That's an interesting question. Maybe the geologist will chime in.

This is nothing more than a guess, but I'm guessing that it'd come with the methane. Meaning, on a general level, no. Gas isn't migrating upward through rock all over the place, and neither should radon.

However, it could come up at the actual drill hole. If all the seals work correctly, at worst it'd be vented to the atmosphere and cause no harm (radon is generally only a problem when its trapped and the concentration is allowed to increase over time, like below foundations). But when the seals leak, we know that the wells are capable of contaminating the water table with methane, and I see no reason why radon couldn't come with that.

Posted on: 2011/8/3 9:36

From SWPA
Geiger counters are used around wells and flow back all the time...no readings above background to this date and all waste is tested by landfills before it gets through the gates.

Posted on: 2011/8/5 6:27

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com