HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Act 13

From LV
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:

Overall, I want gas drilling to take place in this state. It is providing a lot of jobs, as well as government revenue. It looks to keep gas prices low for a very long time. It's more environmental than coal, which is what it's replacing, and bringing those jobs from WV up here to PA (WV obviously hates it, but hey, we have a better mousetrap now, from an economic as well as environmental perspective).

Not quite, the jobs created are not Pennsylvanian's jobs for the more technical stuff. Not one coal fired generating plant has closed becuase of gas fired plants.

Posted on: 12/31 21:49

From Landenberg, PA
And liquid gas prices are determined by worldwide supply and demand not local drilling - same as oil prices.

I agree with a lot of pcrays points though - local govt is easier to corrupt than the State or Feds.

The first question to any driller should be - what's your safety record, and two, how are you planning for contingencies ?

Posted on: 1/1 21:34

From SWPA
Unfortunately, it's already happening in rural townships in Western PA. Landowners that farm their own property are being zoned out of using their own mineral rights because of the newer suburban homes that were built in the last 10- 20 years. (Housing developments that were built on farms that the previous owners had to sell because they just couldn't make enough to not sell their farms) The townships want drilling only in industrial zoned areas of which there are few to none. Also, certain townships say they will approve a permit and then drag their feet always needing more information at the next meeting. They did this until the lease and or permit ran out essentially denying the rights to drill.

Also, as for the "alleged" spill, I understand how these operations work and I do not see any proof yet in all of the writings that there was indeed a 21000 gallon spill! Just because an anti drilling blogger, anti drilling state representative, and an ambulance chaser attorney (I won't say they are anti drilling per say because they have seen tons of work and $ handling anti drilling issues) suing the industry and DEP are trying to drum up sympathy in the public press does not make it true! If there was so much evidence of a spill, would not there be more concrete evidence?

my opinion only, of course.

Posted on: 1/2 5:00

From Nicholson PA
Let me understand this if a land owner wanted a gas well on his property he can have one.If a person does not want a gas well on there property there will not be one.What would happenen if there was a large pocket of gas at a location that the owner did not want drilled.This is a funny question but what happens when the state wants that gas.and would this be an afferct of forced pooling.Dont no jack about the spill sorry. LAST MAN STANDING LEMON TWP PA

Posted on: 1/3 14:45

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
the jobs created are not Pennsylvanian's jobs for the more technical stuff.

That's a lie. *Some* are not Pennsylvanian's jobs.

Quote:
Not one coal fired generating plant has closed becuase of gas fired plants.

I almost spit up on that! Thanks for the laugh. They're closing down all over the place. Over 200 nationwide, and PA is one of the leaders in numbers of plants being shut down. The immediate cause of closure is actually increased federal regulations (EPA). Though the reason for the increased federal regulations is the increased supply of natural gas for power generation, i.e. they have an alternative and can get away with it. And the reason the coal plants won't spend the money to upgrade and meet the requirements of the regs is that it'd drive the price of coal above the price of gas.

i.e. gas is winning. Coal is losing.

Posted on: 1/3 15:43

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
And liquid gas prices are determined by worldwide supply and demand not local drilling - same as oil prices.

Partially true. Prices, and availability, are much better in legacy drilling areas. But much of the new range (Marcellus) has not experienced much change just yet.

Still, PA, and non-traditional drilling in general, has indeed had a substantial effect on the price of natural gas, and oil for that matter.

Posted on: 1/3 15:46

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com