Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

Re: how to become a fly fishing guide

From West Chester, PA
U also need insurance in PA to be a registered guide. This is in addition to the application, $100 fee, and CPR/First Aid Certification

For boating, whether drift boat or motorized - you need to have completed an accredited Boater's Safety Course (in addition to everything else).

I've always thought all this was a bit excessive seeing that I can guide deer and turkey hunts with no license or anything...?

Posted on: 2011/4/18 20:30

From SEPA
Quote:

stevehalupka wrote:
gfen,

your dreams about me are just fine, I'll be that guy for now, but when it comes your turn, don't get sour on me ;)

huh? dude, my tractor don't plow that field.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 1:03

From Southwest, Pa
lol you're in left field picking daisies, that's for sure...

you can make fun of my leader formulas and single spey casts all ya want buddy. If it makes your day that much better, then I would be a bummer to rain on that parade.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 7:43

-Art Lee

From Harrisburg
How to become a guide?
One of the first things you must learn to do that arent required by law is to put down your rod, except for instructional purposes. And if a trout should come to your fly, it should be pulled away to save the feeding fish for your client, no matter how nice the fish.
You prepared to do that?

Quote:
no matter how nice the fish.

Its alot easier to say it than do it, and you cant get frustrated (or atleast show it) when they miss those beauties time after time.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 8:06

From Southwest, Pa
needs half a valium and less coffee.. square, why you always so serious?

Posted on: 2011/4/19 8:09

-Art Lee

From chester county pa
This was a question not for willdeb it was for my friend who has been fishing alot longer then i have

Posted on: 2011/4/19 9:29

From SEPA
Quote:

stevehalupka wrote:
you can make fun of my leader formulas and single spey casts all ya want buddy. If it makes your day that much better, then I would be a bummer to rain on that parade.

I'm terribly sorry if this keeps you up at night, but I have to say I have no idea what you're going on about. Stick with it, though, if you will it it is no dream.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 9:44

From Philadelphia, Pa
Square makes a vaild point that i previously didn' t think about. If your a guide and your fishing while guiding your taking potential bites away from your clients. Your rod would literally become a training tool only.

It would be really nice if fish would tip for catching them. Nothing crazy just say ten bucks a fish. They flip you a high five with one fin and hand you a ten in the other as you send em back in. Every now and then random hot women show up with beer and wings and even better yet know when to leave. Man, My heavens so much cooler than yours.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 11:28

From Southwest, Pa
if you are ever a guide and have not been told to fish by the client, then you shouldn't have a a rod in your hands in the first place. some lodges ask you to kindly reply no thank you even if asked.

Posted on: 2011/4/19 14:32

-Art Lee

@ gfen me and my friend had a face to face encounter with a mountain lion about 3 years ago fishing oil creek, i was like 12 or 13. good thing it ran off!

Posted on: 2011/4/20 15:41

From SEPA
Quote:

fishingkidPA wrote:
@ gfen me and my friend had a face to face encounter with a mountain lion about 3 years ago fishing oil creek, i was like 12 or 13. good thing it ran off!

Yeah?

Make sure you stick around for next winter, there'll be some threads for you to partake in.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 15:55

I am trying to picture who would hire a guide to fish the trout streams in Chester co....

Posted on: 2011/4/20 17:07

@ gfen

what do you mean there will be threads i can partake in?

Posted on: 2011/4/20 18:16

From florida
Guiding is a tough job,JOB!
Charter boat Captain,tough JOB.
You have to consistently put CUSTOMERS on fish. It's your JOB.
Fishing is suposed to be fun,relaxing , and a time with friends. Not a JOB.
Just my thoughts.GG

Posted on: 2011/4/20 20:20

From Jersey Shore, PA
A guide is part observer, analyst, adaptor, manipulator, psychologist and instructor. I'm 100 % sure I've left some appropriate descriptive terms out only because I've forgotten them in my old age.

I've been asked more than once why I guide. There are a number of reasons, one being that there are two people who get excited when my client is successful. Knowing that my client feels better equipped (with technique/experience) for future outings is agood feeling, as well.

Dave R.

Posted on: 2011/4/20 21:28

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com