HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: heading to little lehigh

From Fairless Hills, PA
"Why did you ask him what he thought?"

You're right. I don't know why I asked.

The truth is...I'm a frustrated southern, saltwater fly fisherman stranded in PA...and trying to make the best of it.

The whole spring creek thing is just not for me. I think I'm going to wait for Spring time, and focus on warm water fly fishing.

I also have this idea that I might be able to use that 9 wt with a Teeny T-300 to streamer fish for stripers in the Delaware River below Trenton.

As for my previous comments, I stand by everything I said. I'm not "trolling" and I'm not hiding from anyone...even Youtube stalkers.

Posted on: 2013/1/12 23:49

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Quote:

SharkyOhio wrote:
"Why did you ask him what he thought?"

You're right. I don't know why I asked.

The truth is...I'm a frustrated southern, saltwater fly fisherman stranded in PA...and trying to make the best of it.

The whole spring creek thing is just not for me. I think I'm going to wait for Spring time, and focus on warm water fly fishing.

I also have this idea that I might be able to use that 9 wt with a Teeny T-300 to streamer fish for stripers in the Delaware River below Trenton.

As for my previous comments, I stand by everything I said. I'm not "trolling" and I'm not hiding from anyone...even Youtube stalkers.

Google is an amazing thing.

Word of advice....don't come on to a pretty established forum with a lot of helpful guys, and start attacking people your first few posts. Tends to get ugly. Especially in the beginners forum. If you are having a hard time adapting to the type of fishing you are somewhat forced to do, it might be better to come and ask a few questions. Mostly everybody would try to help you. However, if you know everything all ready, what's the point?

Posted on: 2013/1/12 23:55

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Fairless Hills, PA
If you only knew what it's like to hook an 18 lb redfish in 2 feet of water on a 7wt rod...yes I do miss fishing in SE Louisiana...

I didn't attack anyone. Where did you see name calling or any other "attack"? Is it such an insult to simply disagreed with or question the advice rendered by your fly fishing mentor. I didn't say he was a bad guy. I didn't say he was a dishonest guy. I didn't attack him personally.

I didn't say I know it all. However, I do know how to get a streamer down to the depth I want to fish it, and I disagree with Dave's assessment of the situation. That's all.

The only thing ugly here is your reaction to someone bringing something new to the table.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 0:26

From Fairless Hills, PA
Right. I'm so glad you agree with me.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 0:47

Quote:

SharkyOhio wrote:
If you only knew what it's like to hook an 18 lb redfish in 2 feet of water on a 7wt rod...yes I do miss fishing in SE Louisiana.

try a 15-20 lb carp on a 5 weight rod. Or a 48" musky.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 1:45

Quote:

SharkyOhio wrote:
If you only knew what it's like to hook an 18 lb redfish in 2 feet of water on a 7wt rod...yes I do miss fishing in SE Louisiana.

try a 15-20 lb carp on a 5 weight rod. Or a 48" musky.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 1:45

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
Quote:

SharkyOhio wrote:
Right. I'm so glad you agree with me.

O Was I supposed to wait up all night for your response? Sorry

Posted on: 2013/1/13 6:39

http://bugflingerandfeatherlasher.blogspot.com/

From Dallastown, PA
Neutral corners gentlemen.....

Sharkey, I've read all the posts. and see your point but just as you are an expert in the southern salt and have standard set ups, Here in Pa fishing for trouts in small creeks one would never think of a sink tip. I think thats all the shop owner was trying to convey.

When I think of sink tips I think of lakes, "the ocean" and deep rivers.

lets not get started off on the wrong foot here.

This goes for everyone,
The Beginners forum is for newbies to ask questions and as in the past get helpful responses from the board regulars. It must remain civil and relaxing for this to work.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 10:19

From Monessen, PA
Thanks, Maurice.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 10:24

From Chester County
+2

Yup....we all know (or should know) that there are many ways to catch a fish. There's really no right way or wrong way, just different ways. But that's not the point gawldangit...the OP was a noobie just asking about some info to take is son out FFing! This forum was created to give those new to FFing a place to feel comfortable asking questions about the sport. Just about every post after the OP make me uncomfortable!

If you are noobie or are a member on here answering noobie question, feel free to post on here. For everything else, use another related forum in the general forum. And if you want to write something dumb and/or not related to FFing, use the OT forum.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 10:41

From Couldn't Care Less
heading there now. Should be there in an hr. If anyone is up there Ill look for ya.

Posted on: 2013/1/13 12:08

From G-side AKA GLENSIDE
I met Dave at the shop when I was helping with the group. we talked for a few minutes. I think he knows how to fish the stream that his fly shop is on. there is no need to buy a new leader for fishing any small trout stream. split shots are my best friend. I add them till I start snagging the bottom.

man 18 pound red on the 7 weight fly. is that some kind of record?

Posted on: 2013/1/13 23:37

From Couldn't Care Less
Was up there on Sunday afternoon and it was fairly crowded .. not newbie jam crowded but more than other days in the past few months. Got one up near the red covered bridge which has become my favorite place to start as I have had luck hooking but finally landed one on Sunday. Thought it would be warmer that day but it wasn't and the fish weren't that active. There was a rally nice one hanging by the bridge near the fly shop (on the other side) that I spent a bunch of time with no luck. Chucked a few nymphs and then went to buggers which caught his interest. Unfortunately he got very close to a black and then an olive one but rejected both. Still felt good being close, not spooking and watching it all unfold.

Speaking of temps .. I’m going to purchase a thermo at some point but what are the better water temps that get fish active? I think I have read arnd 45 – abt 67 degrees but I may be wrong

Posted on: 2013/1/15 10:48

From Quakertown, pa
Stagger I was the Sunday with docsab

Posted on: 2013/1/15 19:03

From Quakertown, pa
Stagger I was the Sunday with docsab

Posted on: 2013/1/15 19:03

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com