Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

good day

From altoona pa
I had a good day on the LJ yesterday, the water was up and a little off colored. I caught 17 and missed a lot of fish.I must have had my rig correct and the right nymphs.It felt good to finally get something right. I always seem to catch 4-6 fish each time out.Thanks for the knot problem suggestions it worked great.The only thing that dampened the whole day was I got wet within the first 5 min. worst stream I have ever waded in 45 years of fishing.I got a late start fly fishing.

Posted on: 6/28 11:59

Re: good day

From Little Juniata
Glad to hear it.
The little J has been a frustrating river to fish this year due to the continuous rising of water levels, fortunately enough it has fished well when the level is fishable.

Hopefully the extra water keeps the temps fishable into mid summer

Posted on: 6/28 12:06

From West Chester,PA
Pinecroftal...I agree the Little J can have tough wading,but you should give the Lehigh River a try sometime..it rightfully is called "an ankle buster"!!!

Posted on: 7/1 8:08

From philly
I agree that lehigh is the worst to wade. Im 36...old but not that old, and it is real tough for me. Tough enough that i think twice before i go by myself.

And Sal...i have never had a day that good. Kudos my man. I always wanted to fish the little J. Ill get out there eventually.

Ive only had 16 fish days on the Missouri river, and anyone can do that.

Cheers,

bot

Posted on: 7/4 19:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

USGS Water Levels
Polls

Copyright 2017 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com