Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS


Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



« 1 2 3 (4)


Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2006/9/11 13:33
From Lehigh Valley
Posts: 3337
Offline
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:
Just a shout out of support for the instructional jam, I thought that was a fine event for newcomers, and highlights the educational slant of the board which is highly commendable.

Like anything, it's bound to grow in attendance if it becomes a yearly thing, and I think it should. And unfortunately, I think with the "one speaker, big group" format outdoors we were already straining the limits, beyond which it loses effectiveness. My vote is that it'd be best to split into small groups not just for the afternoon fishing sessions, but also the morning instructional sessions as well. There's nothing set in stone that only one instructor can teach at a time.

Set it up in a "station" setting, so that some stations are ongoing, like the casting with Old Lefty (if he's willing). And have set times for others.

The small group setting would be more educational, and while maybe less structured, would allow instructors to cater to the skill levels at hand at that time. It'd probably also allow more demonstrations rather than a lecture format.

You could also offer more topics that way. For instance, you could split up "techniques" into dry flies, nymphing, streamers, big water, tight brush, and allow demonstrations of casting, etc. in each.



And so it shall be. Good idea, Pat!

There WILL be a 2012 Instructional Mini-Jam, with the above listed improvements. This is just further evidence of the quality and knowledge of the instructors we had. You guys are awesome!

I really hated to cut our speakers short, and this eliminates that problem nicely. We needed a way to allow for more individual questions, and this works. Our goal should be for everyone to come out of this event with all their questions answered completely.

To my knowledge, there is no other forum that provides this exact type of event. We're breaking new ground, and it falls nicely in line with the intentions of Dave Kile when he started PAFF. As long as we stay true to his intentions, we'll be able to offer events that continue to improve the fishing experience for all, and will make us all better anglers. Making new friends and fishing buddies is a bonus!

H.A.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 13:43
_________________
Resized Image


Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2006/9/11 13:33
From Lehigh Valley
Posts: 3337
Offline
Quote:

gfen wrote:
I don't even have friends here, thanks for making me feel bad.


Not true - and you know it. Your good nature doesn't always shine through here for some reason, but those of us fortunate enough to call you friend see things differently.

Henceforth, I will no longer make references to you being "sasquatch-like", but instead refer to you as a Wookie. Friendly and caring, but still capable of ripping someone's arms off....

Posted on: 2011/8/6 14:23
_________________
Resized Image


Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2006/9/9 17:18
From lancaster county
Posts: 6456
Offline
Quote:
Not true - and you know it. Your good nature doesn't always shine through here for some reason, but those of us fortunate enough to call you friend see things differently. Henceforth, I will no longer make references to you being "sasquatch-like", but instead refer to you as a Wookie. Friendly and caring, but still capable of ripping someone's arms off....


I like the idea you guys got going here. Good stuff, shame I missed the last one. I will do my best to attend this one.

Posted on: 2011/8/6 19:45
_________________
http://cvtu.homestead.com/





Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2007/4/5 16:03
From Altoona/Smoke Run
Posts: 734
Offline
Set a date far enough ahead and I will be there. I can also provide a small PA system with speakers (if needed) and a commercial sized coffee maker with the coffee (definite neccessity). Can even bring cream and sugar for the girls.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 9:13
_________________
No Single Drop Of Rain Feels It Is Responsible For The Flood.


Re: Young Fly Anglers
Moderator
Joined:
2006/9/11 8:26
From Chester County
Posts: 9061
Offline
Quote:

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Quote:

gfen wrote:
I don't even have friends here, thanks for making me feel bad.


Not true - and you know it. Your good nature doesn't always shine through here for some reason, but those of us fortunate enough to call you friend see things differently.

Henceforth, I will no longer make references to you being "sasquatch-like", but instead refer to you as a Wookie. Friendly and caring, but still capable of ripping someone's arms off....



True! Teddy Bear in person.........Grizzly Bear on-line.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 9:25


Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2007/4/8 20:43
From SEPA
Posts: 11384
Offline

I am uncomfortable with this thread drift. I can start a fight with someone if it'll get it back on topic.

Posted on: 2011/8/7 10:54
_________________
April 8, 2007 - December 4, 2011.
And why not?


Re: Young Fly Anglers
Moderator
Joined:
2006/9/9 9:29
From Monessen, PA
Posts: 22411
Offline
Quote:

BPS wrote:
Set a date far enough ahead and I will be there. I can also provide a small PA system with speakers (if needed) and a commercial sized coffee maker with the coffee (definite neccessity). Can even bring cream and sugar for the girls.


We need you at the annual Spring Jam. The PA and speakers is becoming more of a necessity we have done without.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 10:10
_________________
Peace, Tony


Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2007/4/5 16:03
From Altoona/Smoke Run
Posts: 734
Offline
I have already secured a week of vacation for next spring.

Posted on: 2011/8/14 21:28
_________________
No Single Drop Of Rain Feels It Is Responsible For The Flood.


Re: Young Fly Anglers

Joined:
2010/8/3 14:27
Posts: 76
Offline
Ed,

Send me a email about this. I just checked my PM's today, sorry.

Tony

Posted on: 2011/9/18 8:35



« 1 2 3 (4)



You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]





Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment





Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com