Yet another new guy

kierkan

kierkan

I've been browsing the site for a little bit now so I figured I should introduce myself. I've been fishing around the Pittsburgh area for about 5 years now and fly fishing for 4 of those. I spent most of my childhood fishing in the Catskills and Adirondacks of NY and a chunk of my teens and 20s fishing the Tampa Bay Area. 4 years ago my Father in law bought my a fly fishing set up and I quickly became obsessed. I mostly fish Montour Run (a creek I feel fairly confident saying I know well) and Slippery Rock Creek, but am looking foward to spreading my horizons.

Welcome to PaFlyFish Kierkan. Glad to have you on board. Ask questions and chime in with your own information. There is a great group of knowledgeable flyfishers here.

Welcome.Tampa Bay is my home.Also fished the Catskills and Adirondacks.Have to compare notes.GG

Montou Run is one of the local creeks I fish. I'll have to say hello if I see you on the creek. There are a few Delayed Hervest waters in SWPA worst than Montour Run.

Where in the ADK's did you fish? Just curious.

Patriot: To be honest I couldn't tell you exactly we would vacation in the lake George and lake placid areas often and would drive to different locations from there. Sorry I cant be more specific but I was at the maybe 6-11 yrs old when we go up that way and didn't really pay attention to much in those days.

Gulfgreyhound: any time, I will take any chance to learn something I can. I still head down your way a bit but mostly just hit the piers.

Buggy: Just look for a "Prominent" or "University of South Florida" Hat and thats me. I usually hit Montour 4-5 times a week during season. It might be small but there are some nice spots on it and it is convenient for me.

Kierkan:

Welcome - My job recently moved and happens to be very near montour run . I have been scouting it out for after work fishing. Maybe you can give me a little beta on the crick. You ever hit the creek house for beers?

Bruno: Cant say I ever notice the Creek House, is it down by Montour hotel? I work right outside of Robinson so usually fish from the parkway area all the way down to Water Treatment Plant (Moon township plant I think). Any time you want to compare notes on it let me know. Besides Beer is good anywhere.

Besides Beer is good anywhere.

The creek house is exceptional . 30 + beers on tap, 1/2 off belgans for HH and the burgers are outstanding. They also have the best chickin nugget you will ever have.

Bruno wrote:

The creek house is exceptional . 30 + beers on tap, 1/2 off belgans for HH and the burgers are outstanding. They also have the best chickin nugget you will ever have.

Sounds like a good place to get together and talk about fishing, but where is it. I cant even find it on the web.

*Edit*

Are you talking about the Sharp Edge in crafton? Never been but I have a buddy that lives right up the hill from it.

Are you talking about the Sharp Edge in crafton? Never been but I have a buddy that lives right up the hill from it.

That is the place .

Bruno:
Well if you ever do want to pick my brain let me know, thats only about 10 minutes out of my way. Brothers Grimm would work too, not as nice but pretty much on the creek and I could actually show you some spots. Either way let me know if you ever want to arrange it

Back