Williamsport Fly Fisherman

Corman58

Corman58

Anybody in the Lycoming County area fly-fishing ? i live in Williamsport right now and me and my buddy are looking for other fly-fisherman to fish with. We have been fishing Loyalsock Creek lately and have planned a steelhead trip for the week in Pulaski NY. Anyone know of any good stretches to check out? im from Bellefonte so i am familiar with some of the places closer to home ( Spring, Penns, Fishing, Pine) but have had some trouble finding good places in lycoming county.

Check the Where to Fish button on the right hand side of your screen and tgat should give yiu an idea of where to start. Best bet is to jyst go explore man. Yiu never know what you might find. You coukd stumble onto an awesome warm water stream with monster carp, or find a little trickle with awesome butter bellys and brooks. I know it sounds cliche, but its best to just go. Dont make commitments that day, bring some water, and go explore. The woods and stream sound better than being in williamsport (downtown, from my experience).

hahaha yeah i tend to take plenty of trips when i can to get outside of the city since of live down town and work in the prison system which can be stressful. I have found a few places so far. Muncy creek is going to be my next exploration. And the where to fish app on the site has been pretty helpful

There was a pretty solid caddis hatch last night on muncy creek, but not as many rises as I expected... Also check out lycoming creek, some nice water there too.

There was also a smaller quill Gordon hatch as well

i was up on little pine last night near english center, and there was a nice BWO hatch with zero risers..

Do you think this is due to cold water temps?

Slinger, I don't think they stock little pine by the 287 bridge or singing bridge in English Center anymore. I'm pretty sure they start at the next bridge down from the singing bridge.
I took the kids for a walk this afternoon on big pine and rattlesnake rock was covered in brown caddis, also saw some stoneflies and black midges.

country52 wrote:
Slinger, I don't think they stock little pine by the 287 bridge or singing bridge in English Center anymore. I'm pretty sure they start at the next bridge down from the singing bridge.

The stocking schedule says otherwise:

Little Pine Creek 2 CONF OF BONNELL RUN -> CONF OF ENGLISH RUN (ENGLISH CENTER)

Little Pine Creek 3 CONF OF ENGLISH RUN (ENGLISH CENTER) -> CONF OF OTTER RUN: Lat: 41.4061, Long: -77.3335

Yea the schedule has said the same thing for years, it's wrong. They stopped stocking those two bridges a couple of years ago.

I'm from Williamsport. I, too, enjoy fly fishing. I'm relatively new to the sport (emphasis on relatively) and very new to the forum but I'd be glad to help you out in any way that I can.

I typically head in the direction of your hometown when I fish, but I'm well acquainted with Pine and Lycoming.

Back