Who Wants to Fish – Bucks County & Surrounding area

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

Volksnurse and I have been discussing trying to get something together for what seems to be a decent Bucks county (& surrounding area) contingent in here.

We should throw a couple of dates out there (June), weekend and/or weekday evenings and see what works best for all and/or just use this as a reference for fishers to get together. I am horrible with scheduling and usually go with the flow so throw out some dates and lets see if we can make this happen. Also, the more experienced area fishers, throw out a few decent fishing creeks and we can try to find a destination that is accommodating to all if anyone is interested.

Discuss ..

Maybe June 2nd? The Nesham or PP works for me....but open to other suggestions...

Weather depending, even if the Nesham is pretty well warmed up and fished out for trout, there's a nice population of smallies and sunnies

Holla if you have any other dates or streams.

For me, more notice makes it easier to plan around kid and family stuff....

I'd be interested in something during the week. W/E's are dedicated to the beach in Cape May.

Boj

Boj .. your location?

Volks - PP???

Any other suggestions?

Tohickon Creek - In Bucks; any good?

Valley Creek any good and easy to get to (I know not in Bucks)?

Either of the locations Volksnurse suggested is fine with me.

Pp=pennypack. Stickies, but fishable...

I'm in. Been fishing the same old stretch of Neshaminy, so would love to try something different, but anywhere is fine with me. Heard Tohickon has some smallies, but wouldn't know where to go.

"Trout Streams of PA" gives a great write up of Valley Creek with maps. Wild population of browns. might be good for a day trip.

Also there is Tulpehocken Creek in Berks County near Reading. "Trout Streams" calls it the most productive in SE PA. It is delayed harvest, artificials only.

I'm working the next 3 Saturdays, but would be able to hit the stream in the late afternoon or evening? Fridays or Sundays all day good for me with enough notice.

Do we want to keep it local or go further out?

Hay, can a new guy get in on this?? Thanks!! Sean

Welcome Sean! You'd be more than welcome. Where abouts are you?

Welcome Toofish.

I'm also interested in attending and almost any day of the week is good. I guess we need to target a date, time and place so I'm going to suggest

Neshaminy - Tyler State Park - Parking lot at the pedestrian causeway which is shown in the center of the map linked below.

Tyler State Park Map

The parking lot is large, there are plenty of benches and rest room facilities.

Saturday, June 2 or June 9.

The Pennypack at Lorimar park also has the same facilities but on a smaller scale.

If anyone wants an alternative date or park, please post.

If anyone is interested in Tyler on June 2 or 9th please post and pm me.

2nd works..AM? ...the 9th is my wife's B-Day...That might be pushing my luck...I agree with Tyler, if we get more than a few Lorimer would be kind of crowded.

Thank's!! I am in lower Bucks not far from Tyler. The 2ed is out for me but the 9th looks good and Tyler works!!

Sounds good to me too. I'd like to hit the Delaware River for smallies. I think a float is in order. There's always room for one more.

Delaware River would be fun I have never fished it, but would like to. Thanks!! Sean

2nd or 9th at Tyler good for me but is it possible to do an evening? I work both mornings.

Would love to try the Delaware for smallies too. BTW, love that Deadhead reel beeber!

Evening might work

What time are u done John?

Always up for a trip into the hinterlands w/ volksnerd. Breakfast on me, of course. Hope u guys like hard boiled eggs...

Yes. The wilds of Newtown and our native guides and porters will be the finest specimens of indigenous savages of Newtown and Doylestown. Perhaps we shall lunch at the shrine of the 5 Guys......

He called you volksnerd. :lol:

Somewhere, El Zorro Rojo is laughing......

Back