Re: When is it too warm to fish?
From Chester County
Quote:

dc410 wrote:
[quote]
RCFetter wrote:
This will be my first summer using a fly rod for warm water. [/quote/]

RC,

Once you start fishing warmwater with a fly rod it is basically a whole new season. I look forward to it every year. Whether its LMB or Bluegills on the local farm pond. Smallies on the local creek or river. Not to forget the coveted "golden bonefish". Warmwater flies are also a lot of fun to tie. It's a great time of year to be out there with a chance to catch a lot of different species with virtually no pressure. Good luck. Have fun with it and let us know how you made out.

^agreed 100%

Why limit you FFing to just trout? Warmwater fly-fishing is fun in the summer. Most streams warm up with the exception of some tailwaters and spring creeks. Give the trout a break during the summer and get out and enjoy fishing for some panfish, bass and yes, even carp.

Posted on: 7/3 7:25

From Bucks County
Thanks guys. So far I've only been hitting the Neshaminy in Tyler Park and caught some sun fish. No smallies yet.

Posted on: 7/3 16:38

From LV
If the air temperature is over 70 degrees at night or sunrise, it is already too warm to fish most trout streams that tend to warm above 70. I go to spring creeks or simply don't fish anything but the streams that stay below 60. For brookies they don't like to be active above 65 degrees, so that's the threshold for me on brookie streams.

Posted on: 7/4 8:46

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com