Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

VALLEY CREEK
From feasterville pa
im new at fly fishing about 6 mounths and im going up to valley creek in the next 2 weeks. could anyone tell me what fly is best for now cause i looked on the htch chart and nothing is really hatching. much appreciated!

Posted on: 2010/10/3 14:44

Re: VALLEY CREEK

From Norristown, PA
Iv only ever caught a few trout on valley and they were only on scuds and zebra midges.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 22:06

From Gettysburg
Flytier,
While I'm not a Valley Creek regular, if it were me, I'd have some small earth tone nymphs - we're talking Hare's Ear or Pheasant Tail type nymphs in olive or brown colors and in fairly small sizes, mainly #16 down to #20. Also, some terrestrials - this means surface flies imitating ants, beetles, or crickets. A #14 black beetle is a very versatile fly and will catch fish all summer and up thru Oct. Finally, if the stream is high or cloudy, try a black Wooly Bugger. If you've never fished it, Valley is a small stream with wild browns. It's not an easy stream to catch fish so don't get frustrated if you get skunked. Valley has skunked me more than once. Good luck.

Posted on: 2010/10/3 22:14

From Chester County
Quote:

Fishidiot wrote:
Flytier,
While I'm not a Valley Creek regular, if it were me, I'd have some small earth tone nymphs - we're talking Hare's Ear or Pheasant Tail type nymphs in olive or brown colors and in fairly small sizes, mainly #16 down to #20. Also, some terrestrials - this means surface flies imitating ants, beetles, or crickets. A #14 black beetle is a very versatile fly and will catch fish all summer and up thru Oct. Finally, if the stream is high or cloudy, try a black Wooly Bugger. If you've never fished it, Valley is a small stream with wild browns. It's not an easy stream to catch fish so don't get frustrated if you get skunked. Valley has skunked me more than once. Good luck.

FI has down pretty well, smaller nymphs, scuds, terrestrials. You may want to add some smaller caddis (16-18) and some midges, if you like to fish small. Also, if the water is higher and off-color, you can't go wrong with a dark colored bugger.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 6:17

From collegeville, pa
if you want to catch a fish at Valley, swing a combo of soft hackles (size 12's 14's or 16's any color and partridge) in the faster water, it is perfect for that now. Caddis still there and maybe bwo's and always midges.

jeff

Posted on: 2010/10/4 11:31

From feasterville pa
thanks guys i cant wait to give it a try:)

Posted on: 2010/10/4 13:04

From LV
small baetis duns and rusty spinners for the same.

Posted on: 2010/10/4 21:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com