Thanks From the New Guy

L_soult

L_soult

Hi-

I just wanted to take a few moments to thank the PAFF members that have created a wealth of information for others to draw from.

I've been a fly on the wall here for the last couple months while getting started in fly fishing.

I have been reading the forums and using the links to get my bearing in this sport of infinite options.

Although my skill level is low, my determination is high. Luckily I have this forum, a couple nice trout streams I can hit on my way home from work, and a brother that's been though the initial learning process that gives me good advice.

Regards,

Launce

Awesome. You have a hell of a mentor! He's one of my favorite people around here.

Yeah. He's helped me a lot.

Launce,
You're welcome - and welcome to Paff. The owner of this site, Dave Kile, had envisioned a new Beginner's Forum where folks new to the sport could ask basic questions and seek basic guidance as they learn the ropes of fly fishing. We think the Beginner's Forum has turned out pretty well (even if we say so ourselves :) ).

I second what L_soult said. I picked up fly fishing in June when I was living in Vermont, and am loving it. Since moving to State College for grad school I've been lurking and learning from all the great info on here! Its great that so many veteran FFisherman are willing to share what they know.

And finally... in the past few weeks ive been able to get into a few wild browns!

David

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Awesome. You have a hell of a mentor! He's one of my favorite people around here.

+1 !!!

Welcome to the forum Launce and David.

Welcome Launce. I love fishing with Coty. Anxious to meet you too.

Glad to see your registration got through. Welcome to the board! Enjoy, and don't be too shy to post.

Welcome aboard both of you. GG

Thanks to all.. syotw (kayaker speak: "see you on the water")

Launcelot good to meet you. Coty is a hero around the universe and all the other places too. Tight lines and stay "out of the drink"!

Only this world nate...... Only this world.

Back