Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Significant other fly fishing?

From Ohio
My wife will go on a guided trip when we are traveling, but thats about it. She goes because I want to fish while we're on vacation, not because she likes fly fishing. First time we went out with a guide, I got skunked and she caught a small rainbow... she loves to remind me that she caught a fish and I didn't.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 13:13

I have taken both - not just on the same trip

Posted on: 2012/2/13 13:54

From Central Pa
My gf has gone along and had a "picnic" on the bank with her 2 girls. She would like to go spin fishing or river fishing sometime but I don't think she would ever fly fish. That is fine with me because it just wouldn't be fun for me at all like stated above. It would be work to help her constantly. I'd be willing to do that if I knew it was something she would keep at, but I'm sure that wouldn't be the case. Besides, I go fishing for 2 reasons... Because I love it and because as much as I love her, I need a break and some ME time!!!!

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:10

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
An architect, artist, and engineer are discussing whether its better to have a wife or mistress.

The architect said "a wife. I enjoy building a solid foundation for an enduring relationship."

The artist said "a mistress. I enjoy the passion and mystery."

The engineer said "both." "Both?", asked the other two. "Yeah, both. Each will assume you're with the other woman, and you can go to the lab and get some work done."

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:15

From SEPA
H-E double hockey sticks NO the wife won't go. She thinks it hurts them. Well, maybe that's not so bad after all. I kinda like it that way. I think she does too. Whatever floats your boat.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:21

From Nazareth PA
I took my wife one time when we were on vacation. She went back to the car complaining that there were to many bugs. I told her that was what fly fishing is all about, the bugs.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:38

" It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming"...John Steinbeck

From A-Town
As an engineering student I greatly appreciate that Pcray....lol just not one of those jokes i can tell "her."

Posted on: 2012/2/13 14:57
There is a war going on. The economy is crumbling. The environment is in jeopardy. Good innocent people are suffering all over the world. We had to do something. We had to get involved. But we decided to just go fishing.

From Lewistown
If my wife goes, it's usually jusdt to take pics on mountain streams. Not so much with kids now though.

She did fly fish twice, but both times turned into arguements.

Posted on: 2012/2/13 16:50

From North East PA
Joy is perfectly willing to go fishing with me almost any time I ask her. Her participation, however, is limited to sitting in her chair, reading, and occasionally asking "Nothing yet, Hon?" (She's sitting close as I type this telling me she said that only in a supportive way)

Dave

Posted on: 2012/2/13 18:53

From Harrisburg
Picts and I'll tell you if they should go streamside. I am the judge.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 3:11

From Berks County
My girlfriend has been fishing with me for about 7 years now. I first got her fishing for smallies using a spinning rod while we were canoeing. She caught many smallies that day and was having a lot of fun. I then started taking her trout fishing and she used a spinner. She really started having fun and she got damn good at it too. I finally intoduced her to fly fishing about three years ago. She genuinely loves it. She doesn't know much about insects and equipment, but she can catch fish. She now owns her own fly rod.

Now, the good thing about having a girlfriend fish is that you get to fish a lot. The bad thing is that you are always fishing with her. Take that how you want. I enjoy fishing with my GF, but there are times that I would rather fish alone or with some friends. She doesn't get a lot of vacation days, but I do so that is where I get my "other" fishing in.

All in all, I would rather have a GF that fished, but there are some bad things about it too.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 8:37

From OH
I have asked my wife, repeatedly, if she would like to ff. Her response, "absolutely not."

However, she loves reading streamside and watching. Quite possiblely, she is sitting streamside and mentally spending insurance payouts. lol

My granddaughter is asking "when our we going ff, Poppy." This year we will.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 8:56

From York
I tried to get my wife to fish. She used to go with me and spin fish but she never had a passion for it. No interest in learning anything. I wish she would of picked it up then she would have a hobby besides nagging me all the time. ;)

Posted on: 2012/2/14 10:47

From Pittsburgh
Quote:

fishbaithohaha wrote:
I have asked my wife, repeatedly, if she would like to ff. Her response, "absolutely not."

However, she loves reading streamside and watching. Quite possiblely, she is sitting streamside and mentally spending insurance payouts. lol

My granddaughter is asking "when our we going ff, Poppy." This year we will.

Be sure to get out with the grandaughter as much as you can.
They grow up fast and change interests.
Mine used to love to fish with me. Until she started getting into her video games and whatnot.
She's a teenager now, and going fishing with pap is probably the last thing on her mind.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 11:01

From Southwest, Pa
Fishing is my get away. I prefer to keep it that way. Friends are obviously welcome, but not the lady.

Posted on: 2012/2/14 14:46

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com