Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Really wanting to start fly fishing
From Monessen, PA
I recommend staying inexpensive at first. While you are learning, fancy expensive equipment is unlikely to offer any advantage. Then, once you are fishing servicably, you can think about the exact equipment you want and carry the starter along as a potantial backup should something happen to the new equipment while out and about.

Posted on: 2013/3/24 9:18

From Ohio
Orvis is offering FREE fly fishing 101 courses. This class would be a good way to get the basics, and he price is right. I think you get a store discount too.

FF 101

Posted on: 2013/3/24 9:31

From Glen Rock, PA
Thanks everyone for all the feed back and helpful insights. I've been getting as much information as a can over the past months and now i really want to just get out and try and do this. I'm hoping to get my rod/reel tomorrow. If I would rather get one in-store does anyone think I could find something serviceable at gander mountain, or Dicks. Cabela's is too far for me. I'm glad to have found such a good forum with good people with the same interests. I'll keep you guys posted as to how my first outing goes. :p Probably just practicing casting more than anything.

Posted on: 2013/3/28 12:23

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com