Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Nymphing

From Delaware River
Yea, we are planning on going him around June again too. He took us on the Upper D and Resika (spelling?) Falls.

Posted on: 2011/5/16 15:52

From pittsburgh
ialways put them about 8 to 16 inches away from my fly but then again i stink at nymphing and im even worse at streamer fishing i have to hone those skills

Posted on: 2011/5/16 20:01

-me

From Easton,Pa.
The key is to make sure you are fishing deep enough and use an indicator. I prefer Poly Yarn from Orvis. More times then not your success will be determined by makeing sure your nymps are hitting bottom,you will get a few snags but you will also catch more fish. Good Luck to ya.

Posted on: 2011/5/16 20:11

From pittsburgh
i have a nymphing question...... well maybe a few should i keep my indy 1.5 to 2 times the depth of the water and also a question about the indicator its self i know i should have it where it occasionally ticks the bottom but should the indicator be moving a tad bit slower than the top water because bottom currents are slower and or should i keep it the same speed which means that it will get infront of my nymph kinda like leading it as in czech nymphing?......

Posted on: 2011/5/18 19:26

-me

From Easton,Pa.
I am no expert believe me..but i will tell you what works for me. I put the indi at the depth of the water and make sure i feel the bottom,but i fish with guys that set it 2xs the depth. I also like my indi floating slower then the top current(or should i say white water ripples) and will add or take away split shots to achieve this.Just telling you what works for me.

Like i said im no expert so if anyone would like to jump in feel free.

Posted on: 2011/5/18 20:09

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
1.5 to 2x depth is a general rule, because rarely do we get the fly to stay straight down from the indi, hence you need more leeway. But every situation is different, perhaps in slower water you can get it to stay straight down.

As far as speed. Yes, the surface waters go faster than the deep water. If you're drift is long enough where this is going to become a problem with the indi dragging the nymph forward, then one thing you can do is "check" the indicator. I often do this in conjunction with a mend, it's simply moving the indi upstream a bit to get back in line with the nymph.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 15:43

From pittsburgh
ok it sounds like im doing it right even down to the mending and the indi checking must just be fly selection....

Posted on: 2011/5/19 17:52

-me

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com