Newbie here!

S

Stronghold

What's up everyone! I'm new to fly fishing this year! I live in allegheny county and I'm looking for a few places around south western PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I could also use some info on what kinda flys to use in this area.

Welcome to the Jungle!

I'm from the opposite corner of the state, but it shouldn't be too long before you get responses from your neck of the woods.

Thanks! I really wanna learn this! Been fishing rod and reel forever! But fly fishing has always intrigued me!

Welcome, Stronghold, to fly fishing (FFing) and our online community.

If you haven't already done so, take some time to scroll through the threads here in the Beginner's Forum - there's a lot of info. Questions that are specific are easier for us to answer....so fire away.

For what it's worth, my usual advice to beginner FFers (and some old hands) is that there are more fish out there to target than just trout - "think outside the trout box" in other words. You can have a lot of fun learning to FF on bass and sunfish and they're easier to catch than trout (most of the time). Also, in your neck of the woods, there is a lot more warm water fishing opportunities nearby that trout streams anyway.

Welcome aboard. GG

Yes, welcome aboard Strong. I'm sure the info you seek will be along directly, There's some mighty fine ffr's on here in your neck of the woods.

Welcome, I am sure you will have a lot of fun here. Lots of great guys here.

GC

Back