Newbie Jam

S

shotgun64

Does any body have any idea how many will attend the Newbie Jam? Rather then going to LVSC I may go to the Jam. It sound like it is up my ally and I can use some help on the fly fishing side of things.

Good question.

I've had more questions and dialog about this event than in years past, via PM.

I spoke to the Director of Education Programs at the Wildlands Conservancy this morning, and she says they have 14 people "signed up" through their organization alone. There will likely be more.

This event was also listed in the outdoor column in the local paper - twice.

There are people coming from as far away as Pittsburgh, so they say. If I had to venture a guess, I'd guess over a hundred will drop in during the day. It's impossible to keep track of, as people come and go all day long.

With the way we have the stations set up, we can handle a pretty large group effectively. We have 4+ casting instructors available, 3 of whom have worked for LL Bean in this capacity, and one for Orvis that we can tap into if necessary. Some of our instructors also instruct for Team USA Flyfishing, and some have been invited in the past to participate in the Outdoor Life Network's Flyfishing Masters competition.

Most of the instructors are available for the on-stream instruction as well. One on one instruction is a good possibility.

Looking at what we have available in the way of instructors, I'd say there is no other event anywhere that has this much available to beginners and more advanced anglers alike. We're pretty flexible, and can adapt to whatever the students need help with. I can't even imagine what a program like this would cost to attend if it was done on a paying basis! This one is totally free of charge.

I'd love to know the total number of years experience we have among the instructors - it's gotta be incredible. All this is possible through the generosity of our members here on PAFF.

Our newbies are worth it!

2+

:)

PS

Shotgun:

Welcome to the jungle!

shotgun .. nt sure what LVSC is but I will say if u head to this event you will get great insight on various FF topics from very experienced ffishermen, meet a great group of people and have a lot of fun.

Just my $.02

Stagger_Lee wrote:
shotgun .. nt sure what LVSC is

Odds are good its Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays. :)

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Good question.

I've had more questions and dialog about this event than in years past, via PM.

I spoke to the Director of Education Programs at the Wildlands Conservancy this morning, and she says they have 14 people "signed up" through their organization alone. There will likely be more.

This event was also listed in the outdoor column in the local paper - twice.

There are people coming from as far away as Pittsburgh, so they say. If I had to venture a guess, I'd guess over a hundred will drop in during the day. It's impossible to keep track of, as people come and go all day long.

With the way we have the stations set up, we can handle a pretty large group effectively. We have 4+ casting instructors available, 3 of whom have worked for LL Bean in this capacity, and one for Orvis that we can tap into if necessary. Some of our instructors also instruct for Team USA Flyfishing, and some have been invited in the past to participate in the Outdoor Life Network's Flyfishing Masters competition.

Most of the instructors are available for the on-stream instruction as well. One on one instruction is a good possibility.

Looking at what we have available in the way of instructors, I'd say there is no other event anywhere that has this much available to beginners and more advanced anglers alike. We're pretty flexible, and can adapt to whatever the students need help with. I can't even imagine what a program like this would cost to attend if it was done on a paying basis! This one is totally free of charge.

I'd love to know the total number of years experience we have among the instructors - it's gotta be incredible. All this is possible through the generosity of our members here on PAFF.

Our newbies are worth it!

Are you saying we're old! :-o

This thread is locked. All the info about the newbie Jam can be found in the "FF Events & Meet-ups" forum.

Here is a link.

Back